Saturday, November 25, 2006

Home at last ...

So, if anyone wants to know, traveling the day after Thanksgiving is AWESOME!! The airports were quiet and sparsely populated, no huge, long lines to stand in, no rushing around. It was the exact opposite of going on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Even though our plane left at 6am, and we were at the airport by 5am, the lines were horrendous, we barely made the plane, and it was just stressful and noisy everywhere. We barely made our connecting flight in Phoenix, so by the time we got to San Diego, we were just glad to be there!

We had a great time, though. Gorgeous weather, got to hang out at the beach (gosh, I love the beach!), the guys went kayaking on the coast, and I got to go to a stamp store!! Yea!!!! I had wanted to go to several, but most of them were too far from where my BIL and SIL live, so we ended up just going to Stamping Details in Poway. It is a TERRIFIC store -- lots of goodies, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I just wish I could've hung around long enough to take some of their upcoming classes. They didn't have all the stamps I had wanted from Coronodo Island Designs, so I only bought three stamps and then ordered the others I wanted (UM) from the Coronado Island website. I can't wait to get them -- it'll be fun to play with them!

The twins were adorable -- almost 2, and totally into Thomas the Tank Engine. Aidan was also into Thomas when he was little, and I just love the whole Thomas thing, so it was so fun to be able to watch the vids and play with the trains again, especially with two such devoted fans! Then, when we got back home to Texas, some of my brother's family from Houston were visiting, so we got to spend a little time with them this morning before they left. My grand-niece Rachael was there -- she's 4, and SUCH a cutie. She has a crush on Aidan (much to his 13-year-old chagrin!) We're so hoping they get to come back for Christmas!

Anyway, not much about stamping in this one, just an update on our holiday. Now it's only a month until Christmas, and I haven't even designed the Christmas cards yet (I've dabbled a little, but nothing I really like has emerged), much less thought about presents. I guess I'm one of those people who works best with an impending deadline! lol

So it's good to be back, and I can't wait to get back into my craft loft on Monday when the guys are back in school and at work!

Just for fun, a couple of LOs of my grand-niece when she was 3. (They're 8x8 -- Stamps are Stampin' Up!):


No comments: