First of all, off-topic, I just noticed where Saddam Hussein was executed! Hard to believe it really happened. It's sad that the man just could not be redeemed in any way, but I suppose this was justice served for all those innocent lives that he destroyed.
So, back to crafting. I know, I know, I promised that I was gonna take pictures of my recent craft projects, and I really was going to do that today, but Bjorn took my camera (something to do with photographing the plumbing under the sink so he could go to Home Depot and get just what he needed), and then inadvertently left it at my folks' house, so I was camera-less. And these pages just can't be scanned.
SO, instead I am posting a picture of a card I slaved over tonight! This card is a definite "try, try again". On the first try, I stamped the image on a transparency using StazOn, then turned it over and meticulously (and I do mean meticulously!) painted the image with some alcohol ink markers I had picked up in San Diego over Thanksgiving. The colors looked a little bright, so when I was finished I brayered over it with Vanilla Craft Ink (Stampin' Up!). Still not the right effect. THEN I decided to spritz "just a little" walnut ink (in Terra Cotta, the closest in liquid I have to brown) on it to give it a bit of an aged effect. BIG MISTAKE! The walnut ink went on in a huge puddle, so I quickly grabbed a paper towel and pressed over it to blot the ink. Ya know what? If you leave a paper towel stuck to walnut-inked alcohol ink, it STICKS! And when you pull it off, it pulls the ink (ALL of it!) off with it! Only in ugly blotches, not in any way that would look artistic. SO I grabbed some alcohol and cleaned off the back, but I didn't exactly want to do all that detailed painting again, so this time I just daubed various dye inks over it to give it a hint of color. Too pale. So I brayered Vanilla Craft Ink again. Still too pale. So in desperation, I went through the various inks, etc. that I have and found several bottles of colored Lumiere. I thought "Halo Pink Gold" sounded about right for a queenly image, so I daubed that all over the back, and FINALLY liked what I had! I attached it to some textured cardstock that I had brayered with dark brown walnut ink pad (forgot the color name), and layered it over a piece of "Frost With a Twist" that I had lying around, and loved the result!
As usual, you can't see at all how shimmery-gold the Lumiere is behind the ladies. My husband said it almost looked like it was stamped on a piece of bronze. I totally love this stamp, though, and plan to do a whole lot more things with it.
So here it is for your viewing pleasure:
Tomorrow I'll try to actually photograph the projects, and scan in a couple of cards I've done for a swap (my first!!). Until then ...