Saturday, December 30, 2006

Yay!!! Finally photographed the projects!!

I am thrilled to announce that I did actually get around to photographing my Christmas projects tonight, and will post a couple of pictures here for your crafty enjoyment.

This first one is the July page for my niece's perpetual calendar. Both my mother and my grand-niece (Kenni's niece) have birthdays in July, so this one picture of both was perfect! My mom is a blue-and-white freak, so I had to use blue. I used the little girl stamps both because of my niece, and because the pictures of my mom when she was a little girl back in the 1930s are so adorable, and these stamps remind me of them. I used one of the TJ techniques on the background (Fossil Stone), then stamped over it with the "Floral" background stamp from SU.




This second one is from Bjorn's 2007 desk calendar that I made so he can remember why he goes to work every day! lol It's the March page, which is the month of our anniversary (16 this year!), so I put one of our wedding pictures on it. The card mat is Taken With Teal because our colors were Teal with Peach accents (which now really grosses me out, but at the time it seemed nice). I don't remember the name of the company that makes this PP -- it was in a book of papers, but I'm downstairs and the loft is upstairs and I'm too lazy to go look! I stamped the "Floral" background on the mat (and I think I used Pearl Ex on it, too, but my memory is foggy). The fibers are SU, as is the sentiment.



If you're interested, I've saved all twelve photos of Kenni's calendar to the Technique Junkies Yahoo group in an album called "Stacy A -- Perpetual Calendar". The URLis here: http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Techniquejunkies/photos/browse/a6e1 You'll have to copy it and paste it into your browser's address bar. For some reason I just can't get the link thing to work again.

Within the next few days I'm going to make an album for Bjorn's calendar, too, so I'll let you know when that's up.

Tomorrow night we're heading up to Pflugerville to a fondue party with friends. We'll ring in the new year, spend the night (hey, I don't wanna be out on Austin roads after midnight on New Year's! There are enough drunks out that time of night when there aren't holidays!), then come home. So if I don't get a chance to get back here before Monday, I hope all my faithful readers have a wonderful and safe New Year's Day, and a very blessed 2007!

Cheers!

No comments: