Monday, January 01, 2007

Off Topic -- I can't believe this ...

The Newsboys just announced that Phil Joel is LEAVING THE BAND!!! I am just sick about this. He's my favorite NB, and the band is NOT going to be the same without him. In fact, I'm not even going to bother going to any of their concerts in Texas this year. Wouldn't be the same. Now I know why God let us have such great seats at the Houston concert last summer. I did get to meet him, but it wasn't a great situation, and I was looking forward to getting one last chance this year for a m&g (they've decided to stop having them after this year).

Wow. I am ... just blindsided! Maybe God's trying to tell me it's time to stop focusing on His servants and focus on Him now. Which was my biggest New Year's Res this year anyway. But it's going to take awhile to get over this.

Of course, I still love them all, and will continue to follow their careers, but -- the Newsboys as I knew and loved them are over.

Poop.

No comments: