Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Serious Addiction

I ordered new stamps today. I can't believe it, because I just ordered new stamps YESTERDAY. Yesterday I learned about Stamp Camp's "Buy 5 get the 6th stamp free", and I just had to go check it out. Well, they had TONS of things I wanted, so I just waltzed my fingers right over the keys and ordered five background stamps and one just slightly cheaper. The BGs were only $6.50 apiece, and I got the other one free, but still. I'm so compulsive about this!

And today I went to River City Rubber Works and they had a 30% off all unmounteds sale -- I mean, how am I gonna pass that up? I love RCRW's stamps! I was fairly frugal there, but still ...

Tomorros is the first day of demonstrator pre-order for Stampin' Up's Spring Mini. There are so many sets I like in it! And I really, REALLY need more Whisper White paper, and some other colors, and more reinkers and pads and ... you see where this is leading. More money, and this will be on the credit card. I hope my husband doesn't read this blog. Honey, if you do -- I love you! Please forgive me! Please don't make me get a Real Job!!!!!!!

Okay, I laugh when I talk about these things, but I seriously think I have an obsessive/compulsive disorder or something. I can't just wait until I have money -- if I see a stamp I want, it's so hard not to just compulsively (impulsively, too) order the darned thing and then figure out how to pay for it later. Not good. I am seriously going to have to start selling my card creations soon.

I feel so sorry for my husband! He is always so stressed about our finances, always worried that we won't have enough for retirement, and Aidan will HAVE to get scholarships for college (which shouldn't be too hard for this kid), and here I am off blithely buying rubber and ink and paper and adhesive. What kind of wife am I? Ugh!

So -- yes, I did make a couple of cards today, but I'm just too tired and grouchy now to scan and post them. I'm trying not to beat myself up, because I know God loves me and isn't going to give up on me no matter what. Good thing. I'm sure tempted to from time to time!

Wow, downer post! Sorry about that! I just need to go to bed and get a good night's sleep, then I should be back in the stamping saddle again tomorrow. I think I need to schedule one day a week just for scrapbooking, because I haven't done that in eons since I've become a total Technique Junkie. But I did spend $80 last summer to take Stacy Julian's "Library of Memories" class at the Big Picture Scrapbooking website, and I did get everything all organized (photos-wise), so I really need to put that to good use now! Maybe I'll concentrate on that tomorrow.

Okay, off to find something good to read and then off to sleep.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Don't beat yourself up too badly. There's many of us out there just like you. Companies know that rubber stampers love rubber stamping and they continue to fuel our obssessive/addictive need to buy more rubber stamps and all its accessories by coming up with new designs and discontinuing the old ones. To make things worse, I'm a ribbon, cardstock, and scrapbook paper addict.

I haven't bought any rubber stamps for 3 weeks and I actually feel deprived. I'm at my breaking point and I think I'm going to purchase a bunch of stamp sets from Stampin' Up this week.

I've been very good at not spending "extra" money. . .I sell my cards to any one who will buy them and sell my old stamps after I've used them to create at least 10 cards from each stamp. I keep the ones that I really love and can't part with.

To help relieve some of my guilt for buying so many stamps, I give away my cards to friends and family and I donate my cards to a worthwhile organization and write off the cost on my taxes. Here is the organization that I donate my cards to. . . http://www.keikicards.org/

Don't worry. . .you're not alone. My friend told me yesterday that my addiction to rubber stamping is very constructive and a worthwhile endeavor. . .she said, I bring sunshine to people's lives by giving my cards to them. Look at your addiction in the same way.

Happy Stamping! Maria