Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Knights in shining ... rubber?

I spent a good portion of my day today just trying to find a stamp of a knight that could be sent to me "post haste". Last night I received an e-mail from one of the moms of our middle-school basketball boys asking if I could make three thank-you cards for the coaches in time for the big end-of-season tournament next Monday. I said I was happy to do it ... but then I got it into my head that I HAD to have a knight stamp to do this, since their mascot is the Knights. I knew I didn't want to get a basketball stamp -- I would never use it again (remember, Aidan is a manager, not a player, and won't be doing it in high school next year). Nor did I want to do just an "ordinary" thank-you card. Knowing that I would use the knight stamp again, I decided to go that route. Fortunately, after spending WAY too much of my stamping time on the 'net looking for the dear thing (and it had to be as close to perfect as possible, mind you, I knew what I had in mind), I finally located one at Beeswax Rubber Stamps -- . They were kind enough to rush it into the mail today (Priority, of course), so I'm hoping to get it no later than Saturday. They have great stuff there -- go check 'em out!

After the knight crusade (had to say that, lol), I did manage to get some stamping time in. I've decided that I may want to have some more lighthearted cards on hand to sell, so these are what I came up with (and I had so much fun with them, too!)

First one is no special technique, just lots of SU stamps and cardstock and, yes, a little glitter (why can't I stay away from this stuff?). I had to seal it with matte acrylic sealer to keep the glitter droppings at bay, but I'm pleased with how it turned out:




I've had this "Listen, Honey" stamp for awhile, just waiting for inspiration on what to do with it, and this is the FIRST idea I came up with. Others came to me as I made this one, so we'll see if they actually get made! Stamp is from American Art Stamps, everything else is SU (well, except the gamsol that I used to blend the watercolor pencils, and the shimmer chalks, which are from I-Kan-Dee):



After I made those, I spent the remainder of the afternoon cutting out new rubber stamps. I got three new sets from SU's Spring Mini (available to the general public on March 1) -- "Polka Dots & Petals", "Doodle That" and "Doodle Alphabet." Can't wait to start using them! I also got several stamps from Sparkles & Sprinkles (did I mention that I'd ordered these?), very cool "nouvelle deco" picasso-esque images; and I got a sheet of really cute cat stamps and sayings from ArtNeko. Unfortunately, I ran out of cling mounting foam, so I'll have to wait to mount them all until my order for more comes in :(

So it's off to bed now. I'm taking a new blood pressure med (I can't believe I'm old enough for this stuff!), and it gave me a MAJOR sick headache last Wednesday after taking it for the first time. I didn't take any more until tonight (on my doctor's advice), so I really hope I won't have a repeat of Wednesday. All I could do was sleep and moan all day. I don't want to miss a day of stamping! Oh, well ...

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I love reading your blog. Once I get moved, I think I will start my blog up again. I will let you know in case you want to come visit mine.

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.