Thursday, February 22, 2007

More fun in the loft

I've been busy the last couple of days! So busy that I've aggravated the tendinitis in my elbow -- but, hey, who cares? Stamping is life -- the rest is just details. ;-)

First, the Really Big News -- we're getting an Archiver's!!!!!!!!! And it will be just north of where my son goes to school! And my budget is in more trouble than ever. Sure hope I can really start selling cards!

Okay, right now run, don't walk, to these websites (and I apologize for not linking to them -- for some reason I just can't make that work):

www.artneko.com
www.sparklensprinkle.com
www.stampsmith.com

Just a few of the awesome rubber stamp sites I've discovered lately. Yes, SU is first in my heart, but until they get abstract, medieval or photo stamps in their line, I'll have to continue to do some shopping elsewhere.

So here are some of the things I've created since yesterday morning:

Got this stamp at Sparkle-n-Sprinkle. I LOVE it -- it's from a line of "Nouvelle Deco" stamps, and I thought it was so cool. I bought a couple of other stamps from them, too, which I will be using in the coming days. The technique I used on this was Faux Paper Paste (don't remember where I found it). I used Lumiere instead of plain acrylic paint, and I really love the way it came out -- I think it looks like a skyscraper. So when I saw these stamps at SnS, I knew I had to have them for this background! I may not use all the stamps on this one bkgd, but I have other similar bkgds that will work. And, of course, I can always make more!



I totally LOVE this stamp! It's from a plate of cat stamps from ArtNeko. Being a cat person I had to have them, and I'm glad I made that impulse buy because the stamps are just adorable! On this card I used the Warhol technique (not sure which one of the three it qualifies for). It just makes me happy looking at it!













Think I'll post this one to my SU site, too. I just wanted to make some "simple" SU cards for the upcoming citiwide garage sale (where I hope to sell tons of cards!), so this came to mind. I LOVE these doodle sets! Fun, kicky, swirly-girly ... It's not as orangy IRL. I used Apricot Appeal, Lavender Lace and some green or other (Gable, I think), plus the new Spiral punch that's coming out in the Spring mini. Stamp sets I used were: Doodle That, Doodle This and Doodle Alphabet. Buttons are SU, too.



My knight stamp came in today from Beeswax stamps. Check them out, too -- they're awesome and they have TERRIFIC customer service! Anyway, I've been playing with that some, working on the thank-you cards. Looks like I'll be using the Spray Starch technique (TJ). I need some silver paper, though. Hope Michaels or Hobby Lobby have it.

Okay, everyone is ready for bed and wanting me to get with the program, too. More fun to come!

No comments: