Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Oh, the beauty of my normal life!

I just had the roughest couple of days! I went into a day-surgery center yesterday (was that only yesterday?) for a little quickie diagnostic procedure that was supposed to be one of those "in and out in a couple of hours" things. Well, apparently I had some kind of negative reaction to the anesthesia, because I was sicker than a dog when I came out of the procedure, and actually ended up being transferred to a hospital to spend the night for "observation". My blood pressure went up pretty high (I think it was 178/115 at one point), and I was horribly light-headed and queasy, plus I had a killer migraine. I haven't been that sick in a very long time! And I just kept thinking I would never be normal again, never be back to my old self.

But, God was merciful and the stuff finally began wearing off early this morning, so I got to come home at noon. Actually, I went over to my parents' house and got pampered and spoiled, which is always fun! And I ATE. BOY was I hungry! It was so lovely to eat and not feel sick! I was thankful to be in my car again (my dad was driving it, don't worry), thankful to be at my parents' house, thankful to see my husband and son again, and thankful to get home to MY house and my kitties. And I will admit it was very gratifying to see that my sweet son really did miss me and really was worried about me. Apparently the kitties wouldn't even go upstairs to sleep last night, they just kinda hung around downstairs, I guess waiting for me to get home.

So tonight I am thankful for all the little comforts of home -- laptops with batteries so I can surf and blog from the comfort of the sofa, my own bathroom, my own clothes (instead of the rather, um, drafty hospital gown!), thankful to be able to move around without dragging around an IV pole ... just thankful to be feeling alive again and almost human!

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel up to getting back in my craft loft and making more cards. I really missed that! But I pray I NEVER AGAIN have to have general anesthesia for ANY REASON whatsoever!!!!!!!!

(Oh, and I think I'm going to call my card "business" "Stacy's Stamp Loft", and then under the place where I would sign my name, I'll put the "Soli Deo Gloria")

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I did sign up for the Technique Junkies Newsletters. I did it for the year. Thanks for telling me about it.

Stacy said...

Oh, Lynn, I'm so glad you did! You'll LOVE it -- and your budget will hate you because you'll get addicted, too, and have to have EVERYTHING!! lol Hope to see you over on the Yahoo group...

Ret said...

hi stacy,
I hope you're feeling better from your surgery. I've been a TJ for years and really love the newsletter. I'm enjoying your blog!

Stacy said...

Thank you, Ret!! Yes, I've seen you around over there. Glad you stopped by! Feel free to come back often!