Friday, March 30, 2007

I just love Spring!

Severe thunderstorms, tornado warnings, flash floods ... what a delightful season! Seriously, it's been wild around here this morning. There was a tornado spotted on the ground in the county south of here, moving in our general direction, and Aidan was home sick, so we were trying to catch the cats in case we needed to get into our "tornado closet", and it was absolutely crazy! We managed to get one into his carrier, but the other one wasn't going to go in, she didn't care WHAT might be headed our way. My arms now bear the marks of her wrath. We never did get her into the carrier (fortunately the weather lightened up and we didn't need to!), but if we ever DO have a tornado, God forbid, that cat is going into the middle of a bed and getting wrapped up in blankets before she knows what hit her, then tossed into the tornado closet with the rest of us and our laptop and external hard-drive!

Here's what Spring is REALLY all about in Central Texas:


I have made more cards recently, and will now thrill you with a few pictures! ;-)



This is a "trifold" card that I did after someone in one of my Yahoo! groups posted theirs. I wish I could remember who it was, but I just copied the instructions from her blog and forgot to save details (thanks, whoever you were!). It's a really cute, super easy card to make --
1. Cut a strip of cardstock 3-1/2" x 10-1/2".
2. Decorate it as you want (use a Stampin' Around wheel, or random stamp, or use patterned paper, whatever you choose).
3. Score the card vertically at 3-1/2" and again at 7".
4. Flip the cardstock over and score diagonally across the outside squares.
5. Fold the triangles first (fold will be toward the back side of the CS); then fold the vertical lines (fold inward)
6. Using the Slot punch (the small one, not the Word Window), punch holes just below the diagonal folds on each side. Do this while folded.
7. Decorate the center panel (inside) as you wish (I stamped an image from the retired set "Vintage Postcard" and matted it, then mounted it in the center)
8. Fold the card, insert ribbon into the slots and tie together. I used a Mini Glue Dot on one side to keep the ribbon in place even after the card is opened.
9. You may choose to add a sentiment or other decoration to the front.
10. Mat on 3-5/8" square cardstock (adhere only the center panel). Mat that on a 3-3/4" square of cardstock, and you're done!

I hope that made sense. I'm doing it from memory, as my computer is not in the loft.

Okay, here's another card:
This one I pretty much CASEd from this quarter's "On Stage" magazine (SU Achievements magazine). I changed the colors and the stamp set used, and instead of ribbon across the front, I just used a strip of "stamped-around" cardstock. Also, instead of using a button and sentiment on the envelope, I chose to stamp the dandelion flower, so that you have the flower on the envelope directly beneath the seedhead on the tag. (The set is retired -- "Seeds of Kindness"). (Trivia: in New Zealand they call a dandelion a "Wind Flower" -- isn't that POETIC!! I LOVE it!!)

And last one for now:
I had so much fun making this card! First, I took a background that I had done several weeks ago (Faux paper Paste, done with Lumiere instead of plain acrylic paints). Actually, before I adhered it I stamped zig-zag stitches both horizontally and vertically, sort of to mimic the zigzag in the lady's sleeve. Then I adhered the green and black faux paste paper bit. I stamped the lady (Sparkle-n-Sprinkle stamps) on Whisper White and colored her in with Twinkling H20s (LOVE these things! and they really shimmer much better than it's showing up in the photo), then matted her and stuck her on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals. I really love how it turned out, if I do say so myself!

Well, gotta run take care of a sick kid. I will post some of my other new cards later.

3 comments:

Hetty said...

Great card with Seeds of kindness set!
Geves me new inspiration to use this set. I put your card in my SU! album. Thanks for sharing.
Please viit my blog too: http://craftchaos.blogspot.com
Love it if you would stop by!

Stacy said...

I will be happy to visit you, Hetty! Thank you for the lovely compliment, too!

Maria said...

Wow, that pink one really stands out! Very vibrant colors and pretty coloring! Beautiful!