Friday, March 09, 2007

'ja ever have one of "those" days?

Of course you have. I've been having them for the last week. No creativity whatsoever. None. Zilch. Nada. I spent hours in the loft today trying to make backgrounds to go with certain stamps, and bombing, and trying to fit stamps to existing backgrounds, and bombing. I swear, it's as if I'd never made a card before in my life! And it's incredibly frustrating, and makes me wonder why on earth I bought all these stamps in the first place if I don't know what to do with them? Guess I'll just have to set them on the proverbial back burner until Inspiration strikes.

Johnny Depp's little girl was apparently in the hospital this week, in serious/critical condition. You'll all be glad to know she's doing better. I don't have this from Johnny himself, understand, but it was on CNN. They aren't telling what she was in for. Hmmmmmm ...

I have no idea what the Newsboys-minus-Phil are doing these days. Nor do I care. I just can't bring myself to care anymore, though I still love all the guys, and I'm still pretty much listening to ONLY Newsboys-with-Phil songs. Phil and his wife are putting together an album of children's songs, something like "Songs for Kids that are Sunday School Cool". Should be interesting. Maybe I'll buy it (it comes out in June) and give it a listen, then pass it on to my grand-niece.

Obviously I have nothing to talk about. Actually, I do, totally NSR/NSBR. I went to the gynecologist yesterday for my yearly. I had to go to a nurse practitioner instead of my regular doctor. Nice lady, no problem with her profession, but I just don't think anyone less than a full-fledged OB/GYN can properly deal with me, since I've just got so many annoying problems. I told her about my hormone migraines, and she said, "Oh, a lot of ladies do really well staying on the Pill for three months at a time, then going off for a week, then back on for three months." I was so thrilled! Imagine -- three whole months without a period! Bliss! And then I made the mistake of telling her about my recent problems with high blood pressure. Bad, bad, bad. She said, "Well, that's the Pill. You're gonna have to get off it." Period (no pun intended). No further discussion. And I can't just keep taking them in spite of her because my yearly prescription had run out and she wouldn't refill it. So, okay -- my PCP just put me on a blood pressure medication. So how am I gonna tell whether my blood pressure goes down because of the new medication, or if it's because I've gone off the Pill? And so I had taken the Pill for four days this cycle, and missed the night before the gyn visit, then of course had none last night, and what do I do but start my period BIG TIME this morning! Less than two weeks after the last one! And this one is HEAVY. We're talking, build a dam 'cause here comes the flood. I HATE this. This is why I went back on the stinking Pill in the first place! Well, that and depression. The depression has been so much better, but I'm thinking that's because of the Wellbutrin I'm taking. Anyway, part of my problem today just may be because I feel pretty gutted about this whole Pill thing, AND my hormones, and therefore brain, are totally screwed up right now. Oh, for the joys of a hysterectomy! (If only one didn't have to have surgery to do it!) Ugh. This and dealing with a husband who is so stressed out at work I wouldn't be surprised if he had a stroke one of these days (God forbid!), or just walked out. Which he had TOTALLY better not do!

Okay, enough whining. Tomorrow is another day, as Scarlett said, so I'll just hope that it will be better. And I'll do what I can to make it so. And whether it's good or bad or in-between, I know God is with me, walking with me through everything, good and bad, and everything in-between. If it weren't for His grace ... well, I won't even speculate on that!

Bed awaits. And the stamps will be inspiring again tomorrow. So now if I could just dream about Phil or Johnny or ... nah, I'd rather dream about Bjorn any night!

No comments: