Saturday, April 07, 2007

Did I say "Spring"? WHAT Spring???

Tomorrow is Easter (or, as I prefer calling it, "Resurrection Day"). This is Central Texas. In April. Should be 80 degrees F, right? Hahahahahahahaha ... I laugh in your general direction! It's in the 30s and sleeting!! SLEETING! The DAY BEFORE EASTER!!! My bluebonnets aren't very happy, although the pansies look pretty resigned to it.

BUT -- at least it was a good day to stay in the craft loft! I got a couple of cards made (remember that I make 4 of everything, so it takes longer than just doing singles), both using the "Drumroll" technique from Technique Junkies' latest newsletter. (Run to www.patstamps.com right now and sign up!!) They're having a "challenge" with that technique right now on the TJ Yahoo group, so I'm not going to post them until after that (I'm entering them), but I'm pretty pleased with the way they turned out!

I have another couple of cards that I CAN show you that I've done in the last week. For some reason I just haven't been all that productive in the loft lately. Partly this is because it had turned into the craft room from hell, so I had to do some serious re-organizing in there, and that took several days. I ended up moving all the "rarely used" stuff into the cabinets in my bathroom and Aidan's. We've lived here four years and have hardly put anything in them (the main bathroom I use for makeup, etc., is downstairs), so they were just sitting there waiting to be used. It was great, because it cleared out a whole bunch of space that I could move other things that I DO use a lot into, and it just feels more spacious in there right now. I was able to move my big SU rotating inkpad holder from my desk to the top of the shelf behind me, which really helped! I hadn't realized how crowded having that thing on the desk made me feel. Now I have more room to fling papers and fibers and bits!

But then the new TJ newsletter came out, and I had a swap due, so I had to do some playing, right?

So here's the first one:
This one is done with a new technique called "Cottoned Color". The stamps are foam stamps from Heidi Swapp. It's a nice card to look at on a cold day like this!

And here's the one I did for a Thinking of You swap:

This one was done with an older TJ technique -- "Rainbow Strip Flip" -- plus one that's a batiked version of Brayered Madras. I was pretty pleased with the way it came out -- the only other swap experience I've had, I just couldn't think of anything good and didn't really like the card I ended up turning in.

Well, I've pretty much run out of things to talk about, so I'm off to ... do more goofing off, I guess!

Blessed Resurrection Day!

No comments: