Saturday, April 14, 2007

Finally got some craft loft time!

Had another stupid migraine today, but finally got it knocked out (after it knocked ME out, lol), and managed to do some playing in the loft. Actually, what I did was play with some things I'd already begun, since my brain, rather "hung over" on migraine meds, wasn't feeling like trying to think up something new.

Yesterday (I think it was), one of the ladies in my Stampin' Up! Yahoo group posted a link to a tutorial on her blog called "Faux Watercoloring". It uses SU's Color Spritzer tool, and it's a pretty kewl technique! And very easy. Here's the URL to her site: http://stampinupinspirations.blogspot.com (Don't know why I can't get those darned links to work!)

So here's what I did with it:

I had an absolute dickens of a time getting the colors to scan properly. In fact, they never did show up right, so I had to go into Photoshop Elements and adjust them. And in fact, I ended up having to actually use the "Paint Bucket" (color fill) tool on the card base (which is Elegant Eggplant, not black, like it looked) and on the little tabs (which are Glorious Green, not some weird turquoise). It's still not perfect. The ink colors are actually Orchid Opulence and Gable Green (backgrounds) and the daisy is colored with purple, gold and green Twinkling H2Os. Oh, and the brads are gold. The background behind the daisy is an SU wheel, and the daisy itself is, I think, Impression Obsession, although I would have to go up to the loft and double check that if I were asked to. I'm tellin' ya -- major brain fog right now! And ya know what? I didn't put the stinkin' watermark on this one. Well, mainly because the main image is NOT SU, so that would be complicated.

Here's another card I did the other day, using a Technique Junkies technique called "Modern Grid". It is SUPER simple, and I love how it turned out. Stamps are Art Neko, Enchanted Ink and Posh, Ltd.

I don't know, my scanner just can't handle purples very well. Anyway, the colors of the card are Lovely Lilac, Sage Shadow and Summer Sun.

I'm off to bed now. Got church tomorrow, Praise Team rehearsal beforehand at 9:00, and I'm just praying my meds "hangover" will be gone by then!

As my former worship minister, Bob-with-the-pierced-eyebrow used to say in his e-mails --
Peace out!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful cards! I tried the modern grid and love the idea. I need to do some embellishing in the squares and put the card together. I got together with a group yesterday. We each brought a technique to show(shoebox project) We all met through TJ....anyways, I got to play with he cottonball technique using pearl ex and reinkers and a colorwash using Ranger inks. We also made a gel card. These are all stuff I have never done before. I can't wait to get my craft room unpacked and organized so I can play more. I showed how o take a piece of cardstock and turning it into faux metal using 3-4 layers of copper embossing powder then after the last time of heating, use your stamp to make an image. Beautiful! I am going to try other colors of embossing powder.

Stacy said...

Wow, Lynn! That sounds like so much fun! I haven't tried gel cards, but I have done faux metal before -- a long time ago before I knew it was a "technique" lol. Isn't it agony when your craft stuff is unavailable? I don't know how you're surviving!

scrappintrish said...

I really love the colors of your first card that you made. They pop at you. I love it. Your second card is pretty as well. I want to try making a card and cutting the image in peices and then arranging it on my card. I think it would look really neat. No clue when I will attempt this one. :) Great cards.