Thursday, May 31, 2007

Really, really cool idea from Linda Shewchuk

One of the members of the StampingScrapbookers Yahoo group I'm on posted this fantastic idea the other day, and by her gracious permission, I am going to share it with you! It's a way to make a wall-art scrapbook canvas that is changeable/reuseable (I hate spelling "-able" words when the original word has an e at the end ... I never know if I got it right or not!). This way you can display a LO page for awhile, then change it out when you're ready to showcase another one! The secret? Magnets!

Here's what Linda says about it: "I have the pictures being interchangeable by using magnets on the back of the cardstock and then the other magnet on the back of the canvas – they just hold in place and you can change the pictures daily if you want."

Is that awesome?! I love it!

And now, also by her gracious permission, I will share the photos she posted of her creations:

Here's a photo just to show that she has painted the canvas (I'm assuming it's just a regular artist's canvas that you can buy at Michaels or HL or similar):

















This shows a LO on the canvas:
















And how it is attached to the canvas by magnets. One set of magnets is on the back of the canvas (shown), and the other is on the back of the LO:
















And, finally, a photo showing a different LO attached to the canvas:















I just think this whole idea is brilliant! Thank you so much, Linda, for sharing it with the group, and for allowing me to post it on my blog!

If you'd like to see more of Linda's creative craftiness, you can check out her website: Linda Shewchuk

Now -- I challenge you (and myself!) to create one of these great interchangeable wall canvases! And if you do make one, let me know and I'd be happy to post pictures of it here in my blog (and give you credit, too -- can't beat that!)

I do apologize for not having any pictures of my own stuff posted for awhile. I did finish the LO of Aidan's Baby Dedication, I just haven't had a chance to photograph it and post it yet. Aidan had to have his last two baby teeth pulled today (at age 13!) so he can start braces in a couple of weeks. He's so used to this lovely little procedure now that it was no big deal for him (although he was pretty nervous for awhile beforehand). So we spent the entire day over at my parents' house (they have cable TV, our TV is only for DVDs). I'll try to get that done tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow -- the Finals for the Louis Vuitton series of the Americas Cup competition start tomorrow. Emirates Team New Zealand (loud, raucus Kiwi cheers and general supportiveness) vs. Prada Luna Rossa Challenge from Italy (boos and hisses -- the fact that they're the competition, not boos and hisses for the country). Nail biting time again.

Remember, beloved ETNZ Kiwis -- the point is to WIN, okay? None of this nicey-nice "We just want to do our best and race well" garbage. This is the final step toward THE BIG ONE, and I expect great things from you. So does your country. They want you to "Bring it Home", and they're talking the Americas Cup, blokes, not souvinirs from Valencia.

Okay, I feel better now. I know that all the ETNZ guys read my blog and are taking this all to heart. Kiwis Rule!!!!!!!

I think it's bedtime, what do you think?

OH! How could I forget -- tomorrow is the first day we SU demos can order from the "Fall/Winter Preview Brochure" that has several sets from the F/W '07 catalog in it, and we can also order one Level 2 and one Level 3 hostess set from the new catty! This will not be good for my Visa balance, but I can't wait to get some new stuff!! (See, don't you wish you were an SU demo -- if you're not? You get to buy stuff ahead of time, and you can buy a couple of the harder-to-earn hostess sets without, well, having to earn them! It rocks!!!)

Tra la la la ... (traipses off to bed doing the Happy Dance) ...

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Stacy,
GREAT ideas! I will put this on my favorites list. Thank you for sharing
Tanya

samand said...

Stacy,
So many wonderful ideas. I really appreciate your sharing all these ideas with me. I am anxious to begin on some of these projects.