Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ugh -- don't give up on me yet!

Just a quickie today to apologize for not updating the blog much lately. I'm still here, just had a few busy weeks and some struggles with migraines. Mostly they're hormonal, so I can expect them on the front side and back side of "that time", but I've had them in-between, too, so don't know what's up with that. Sad thing is, I have four different medications I can take (five if you count Tylenol), and I never know which one, or combination, is going to work! Plus most of them really knock you out, so I haven't been crafting as much as I want to.

I'm struggling with trying to make my mother's and grandmother's cards today with this ridiculous pain pounding in my head. Mom's is mostly done, but I still have Granny's to go. May have to recruit Bjorn and Aidan to help out, since I need some "cutting out" done. This is what I get for waiting until the last minute.

Oh, well. I love doing this, just hate when I have the migraine complication. So, off to rest for awhile, then gotta go tackle the cards.

Update on the America's Cup (for anyone who cares ;-) ):
The Kiwis blasted BMW Oracle (American boat) in their last race of Round Robin 2, which put them at the top of the rankings going into the semi-finals, which start next week. Only four teams get to go to the semi-finals. The #1 ranked team (Emirates Team New Zealand) gets to pick who they'll race against in the semi-finals (I guess they only race one team), and, of course, they picked the fourth-ranked team, Desafio Espanol (the Spanish team) to race against. Anything can happen, but I'm really hoping the Kiwis just cream the Spanish team. BMW Oracle is racing Luna Rossa, one of the Italian teams, and the third-ranked. Oddly, quite a few of the guys on the Oracle team are Kiwis (traitors ;-) ), but I really, really want the Kiwis to bring the Cup home to New Zealand. Besides, I can't stand the guy who runs Oracle (the company), and this is HIS boat/team, so it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if they lose out.

Okay, that was longer than I expected. Gotta go rest for awhile now...

2 comments:

Ret said...

hey girlfriend! I'm sure you think by now, I've blown you off & gone for good! lol naaaa, not the case at all Stacy. I've not been doing so good of late & have been going to the hospital every day for the past 3 weeks for an I.V. it takes a while, and by the time I get back home I'm beat! so anyways, just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten ya. Infact, I really miss hearing from you. you always made me smile or laugh! :)
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow!!!
write when you can!
hugs,
Ret

Stamperosity said...

Sorry to hear of your migrains, Stacy. I suffer the same way you do each month, so I feel your pain hon. Hang in there, and I hope that Mother's Day finds you happy and pain-free.