Friday, May 04, 2007

WOW! Lots of changes comin'!

Okay, yes, I've been remiss in keeping up with my blog for the last couple of weeks. In all honesty, I just haven't been doing that much in the craft loft -- but have no fear, I'll be getting back in the groove! I'm planning on actually SCRAPBOOKING (gasp!) tomorrow, partly in honor of National Scrapbooking Day, and partly because, well, heck, I just need to get back to it!

Well, big changes are coming in the Stampin' Up! world. Retiring stamp sets were announced on Tuesday (May 1), and there are TONS of sets that will be retired as of July 1 (i.e., the last day to order them will be June 30). Many of the other demos I have some form of contact with are pretty upset about "losing" so many sets (because we can't demo retired sets). I'm "losing" 33 sets and 4 wheels, but I'm not terribly upset since I'm mainly a hobby demo and I'll use most of the sets I've got whether they're retired or not. And I have enough sets to demo for now. Plus, I am SO excited about the new catty coming out! If they're clearing out that many sets, there must be some great changes coming.

So here's what I know for sure:

SU is going to a two-catalog-per-year system. Fall/Winter will be coming out July 1, and Spring/Summer is coming out January 1, 2008.

There will be two mini-catalogs. The Holiday catalog will come out in, I believe, September, and the "Occasions" catalog will be coming out probably in February. We'll still be doing Sell-a-bration, but no longer in February. We don't know for sure when that will be.

The "In Color" line from 2006-2007 is retiring, and a new "In Color" line will be coming out for 2007-2008. Here they are:

(from CoolScrapStamp at Splitcoaststampers)
("Basic Gray" -- boy, is that close to copyright infringement, or what?!?)

We'll also be getting some bling (yeesh, I hate that word!!). Yep, we'll be getting rhinestone brads in two colour choices, Fire (sorta amber) and Ice (and honestly, I don't remember the color -- I think pale pink). These will come in square and round. Square brads have 2 sizes, circles have 3 sizes.

So that's all I know for now. There are all kinds of rumors flying about whether or not we'll have acrylic stamps (I highly doubt it -- the images aren't crisp enough for SU), whether the new stamp sets will have the rubber pre-cut (please, God!!!), etc. I also heard the word "Bohemian" tossed around in connection with SU's new catty, so that would be interesting! And kinda "out there" for SU!

I'm pretty psyched to see all the new stuff! I'll let y'all know as soon as there is any other info that I can share, okey dokey?

BTW -- completely off topic, I have become a huge America's Cup Yacht Racing junkie! They're holding the prelims (the "Louis Vuitton Cup") right now in Valencia, Spain, and my team, Emirates New Zealand, is currently third. Only four teams will go to the finals, and then only one (which had better be Team New Zealand!) will go on to the actual America's Cup race in June, to race against the current champion, the Swiss' "Alinghi". Alinghi stole it from the Kiwis four years ago, and the Kiwis are keen to bring it home. Go, Kiwis!!!!




Alright, off to bed to dream of racing yachts and rubber stamps.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Very cool stuff here girl! You have been "tagged". Check out my blog for more info...

scrappintrish said...

Awesome! I can not wait until the Book comes out. I am excited. I am upset that the one stamp set is going, It's called "All Mixed Up" I don't have the money for it right now so I won't be able to get it. :( How sad huh? Oh well.
That is what I love about my Close To My Heart, We get 3 Idea Books a year. I love SU though too.. lol.