Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cling and Scrunch from the loft

Spent some time playing in the loft today. Both these cards use the Cling and Scrunch (TJ) technique. I made a whole bunch of backgrounds about a week ago with various media, and I had fun today with two of them.

The first uses Lumiere paints for the "scrunchy" look. This is a very dimensional background, since I spread the paint on kinda thick. The image is from Sparkle-n-Sprinkle stamps, and the sentiment is from The Stampsmith. The card base is supposed to be a light violet (Almost Amethyst, SU), and the roller wheel (also SU) was done with copper ink, but for some reason the colors don't come out that well in the scan.




For the second one, I had a little change of mood. I think I had used dye reinkers on this background. I was in a "fun" mood so I used one of my new stamps from The Stampsmith, and a Stampin' Around Wheel from Stampin' Up! The Stampsmith image is a photo stamp, and they don't scan well -- the weird lines all over are just an artifact of the scan, they're not on the real deal.



So I feel very craftily accomplished this afternoon!

And -- TEAM NEW ZEALAND WON the third race! It was a really scary race -- TNZ was ahead by about 300 meters in the first part of the race, then Alinghi managed to take advantage of the wind to come from behind and get ahead of TNZ (who also had some gear problems to contribute to losing that lead). Then in the last leg of the race TNZ came from behind to comfortably win! Awesomeness! So now TNZ are up 2-1, and I read on the New Zealand Herald today that, since 1871, the team that wins the third race (which in this case was TNZ) has always gone on to win the Cup. I am SO hoping no one breaks that trend this year!

STILL no SU catalog today, but my upline said that she checked some of the various zip codes around here on the UPS site, and someone in town got theirs today. So I hope that means mine will come tomorrow!!!!

And that Team New Zealand wins again tomorrow!!!

No comments: