Got a few minutes (okay, a couple of hours) to play in the loft tonight. I spent a great deal of time making backgrounds with the TJ "Cling and Scrunch" technique. (Oops -- I need to run up there and take the plastic wrap off them!!) When I got through I decided to make a card, so I found the "Mirrored Tile" project I had downloaded from Not Just Stamping e-mag (check it out here -- another one y'all need to invest in!!). I didn't have the stamp they used (a medieval tile stamp from The Stampsmith), so I used one of the Delft Tiles I bought awhile back from ... um ... Impression Obsession, I think. This technique uses Perfect Pearls (which I don't have, so I used Pearl Ex and just sealed it with hairspray), and it really shimmers IRL.
The "cherish" word is from one of Stampin' Up!'s new sets (Baroque Motifs -- just gorgeous set!). Everything except the tile stamp is from SU. The colors, of course, did not come out quite the same as in real life -- the purple is supposed to be Lavender Lace. The bit that looks like cork is really copper metallic paper. But you get the drift.
I also spent some time this afternoon working on a couple of my swaps. I'm not at all happy with what I came up with. A couple of them were supposed to use some of the new paper from the Preview Brochure, but I didn't have enough of it, and I discovered that it isn't only the stamp sets that you can only buy one of from this brochure! It wouldn't let me order any because I had already purchased a pack with my last order. Now, I can use a similar design from the same pack, but ... I d'know, I may just end up trying something else. Funny how I could get inspired tonight to do a fairly complicated card for fun, but try to sit down and come up with a simple card swap, and no dice. Yeesh!
Well, it's late, got lots of stuff to do tomorrow, so I'd better be off to bed.