Friday, June 29, 2007

They're HEEEEEEERE!!

Both my complimentary copy and my box of the new Stampin' Up! catalog came today! And let me just say that I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED with the new catalog! I love the look of it, I love the special little “bits” inside it, I love so many of the stamp sets that my husband is really going to have to keep his eye on me so I don’t run us into deep debt! And the accessories … okay, I’m just swooning here!

Before I go into details about my impressions, let me assure you I don’t get this excited this easily about stamp catalogs. Last year I was actually rather ho-hum about our catalog, and a bit disappointed by how many returning stamp sets there were and the overall “flavor” of what we had. But this year (although I was prepared again to be disappointed by what I had seen in the preview brochure), I am just pumped about what we have to offer!

First of all … the look of the catalog. It is simply beautiful! SU did a marvelous job with it, and the whole feel (the type, the design on the cover, etc.) is very baroque/bohemian chic, which I love! I think it really draws you in, makes you want to see what there is to offer on every page! At the bottom of many pages are ideas for accessories that will coordinate with the stamps on that page, and there are “tips” sprinkled throughout. So I am very pleased with the layout of the catalog.

Next (and most importantly!) … the stamps. I am just in love with so many of these sets! There are several absolutely adorable doodle-style sets and even jumbo wheels! And then there is the whole boho chic thing – SU has taken it a step further in some instances with a new “boho western” style that is just so clever! Even though I’m a Texan, I’m not terribly into Western themes, but these sets transcend the sort-of “hokiness” of the typical “Western” style and makes it lovely and, as I said, clever all at once. LOTS of ideas for those sets! And then just the boho/baroque sets are so gorgeous. This is much more my style than “cute” or “sketchy” – but for those of you who love cute, there are plenty of great sets in here! The “office” look is so “in” right now, and we’ve got that, too – very well done. I already have a few of the sets from the Spring mini, but there are more goodies to be had in this catalog!

Our new In Color colors (which I posted here a few weeks ago) are just awesome, and there is coordinating double-stitched ribbon in each of the colors! That’s a fantastic addition over last year.

Speaking of ribbon … people, the ribbons in this catalog are positively drool-worthy. We have taffeta (3/8” wide), 5/8” grosgrain, sixteen colors of the standard ¼” grosgrain, double-stitched in all the In Colors (as I mentioned), and the good ol’ gingham is back. PLUS there are absolutely yummy new Ribbon Originals packs – Beachfront, District, Fairy Tale, Jersey, Sherbet and Theater.

The new paper choices just rock. So many stunning Designer Originals – lots of the baroque/boho look here, but plenty of other choices, as well. And the new Designer Series that comes in monochromatic packs with two pages each of six double-sided designs. We now have textured 12”x12” cardstock available in assortment packs from each color group, including the In Colors! And I am loving the Scrappin’ Memories sets ﷓﷓ I can’t wait to do a Scrapbook in an Afternoon class now!

And the accessories … we have really got some great stuff here. We have Accents & Elements tins with terrific die-cut stickers, tons of great On Board chipboard offerings, including a new set called “Ginormous Pieces” that have gigantic flowers that are approx. 8-1/2” in diameter! On Board Blossoms & Basics have tons of flowers as well as individual petals and other “bits”. We have terrific new punches, including a new flower, a scallop circle, and photo corners, new Classy Brass templates, a fantastic new kit called “Pretties Kit” with flowers, halfback pearls, clear beads, teardrops and clear rhinestone brads … just all kinds of great stuff that you can keep white or dye with our inks. And, last but not least, we now have rhinestone brads in both square (two sizes) and round (three sizes), in gorgeous color schemes called “Fire” and “Ice”.

So I am just tickled pink with this catalog! (I needed to be, since Team New Zealand lost another race today – had a huge equipment failure with their spinnakers that cost them the race.) And I know all my customers will be, too. There’s just something in there for everybody! Man, how am I ever gonna spread all this out so I don’t end up with a ton of stamps and goodies but no husband? lol

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love how you described! I agree with all that you have said and I too am so excited:) (don't think my husband will be as excited as me though;)