Thursday, July 19, 2007

6x6 LO samples

Last night in the Loft I decided to make some 6x6 scrapbook layouts to have on hand as “samples” for my Open House guests. I never usually do anything less than 12x12 (except for the occasional 8x8 that I’ve done for circle journals), so “small” is always a challenge for me. Again, I looked to SCS for inspiration, and then was also inspired by fellow Technique Junkie Carole (who is also on the Firecracker Designs design team). If I have time I may make a couple of “conversion” pages to take the 6x6s of my twin nephews to 8-1/2 x 11, then 12x12, not to really “demo”, but to show the ladies how that works. I think that’s fun, personally. I did one for a workshop (the pink LO of my grand-niece that I think I posted the other day), and I really liked how it turned out.

SO, here they are:

LO 1: This is one of my twin nephews who lives out in San Diego. I used the “Notations” paper from the Spring mini (only just now as I looked it up in the F/W catty did I realize that the yellow-oriented Notations paper from the Spring mini isn’t in there; what we have now is “Notations 2”, which is more green-oriented – figures). Anyway, I’ve been wanting to use this paper for something, so I decided to use it for the pages of my nephews. LO 2 is the other twin, same paper pack. I also used the Office Accoutrements stamp set on both pages, and the Folder Tab punch. Cardstock is Wild Wasabi textured CS, Tempting Turquoise and So Saffron:





LO 3: Got this idea from Carole, but hers was 8x8 and oriented with the photo mostly horizontal (portrait orientation). I used the Purely Pomegranate paper from the 6x6 paper sampler we got in June, and Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava and Pretty in Pink CS, as well as a strip of Ballet Blue and Purely Pom. The butterfly and swirl are from the Garden Whimsy set (gosh, I love this set!), and the “Delight in Life” is from the retired set … you guessed it … “Delight in Life”! The little girl is my grand-niece Rachael (she just turned 5 last week -- boy does time fly!)



So hope you enjoyed looking at these. I started altering one of SU’s new clipboards last night. This one is 4-1/2” x 9”, and also uses the Notations paper. I hope to finish it tonight, then I can photograph it and show you tomorrow.

No comments: