Monday, July 09, 2007

It works! And it expires tomorrow!

I got the Scan 'n Stitch (ArcSoft) trial software to work today! Yay! And the trial expires tomorrow! Boo! I am going to buy it, though, as I think I said yesterday. Just not until maybe next week or so.

But that means I get to show you the LOs I finished over the weekend, and the one of my niece that I did awhile back. Yay again!

So ... the first one is of my dear Bjorn. One of my Yahoo! groups the other day got started on this "my husband is the best husband" escalating contest that just got on my nerves. I'm sorry, I don't think any human is as amazing as some of these husbands -- they actually do HOUSEWORK! I'm talking, scrubbing floors on their knees, cooking every night, etc. So, yes, maybe some of them do SOME of these things, but I'm fairly certain none of them are perfect.

It made me think about my guy. He's not perfect. We've had lots of discussions about me needing help with the housework, and he does help, he's just not the Maid Service by any stretch. (Neither am I, I'm sorry to say!) But Bjorn is so much more than that! You can click on the LO to see it bigger and read what I had to say about him. I used a CTMH stamp set ("Adorable") and SU cardstock to make the background paper. The patterned paper is Basic Grey, and the word "Bjorn" is done with a Club Stamp alpha:



This next one is a 2 page layout about Bjorn's sister. Since they're Norwegian (he and his brother and sister are 1st Generation Norwegian-American), Aidan calls her "Tante" instead of "Aunt". So this LO celebrates the wonderful aunt she's been to him since the beginning! I think the PP on this LO is Autumn Leaves (won't swear to it, though). Cardstock is SU. Chipboard letters are SU, which I painted with acrylic paints and stamped on with Rhonna Farrer's "Flourishes" stamps. The stickers spelling "Tante" are Debbie Mumm. The stamps to the right of the "Tante Liv" are CTMH ("Finding Beauty"). All inks are SU. Brads and hemp twine are unknown.




This last one is a page I did awhile back for a workshop. They wanted to see scrapbooking in action, so I did a "conversion" page -- first I did the 6"x6" with my grand-niece's picture in it. Then I put that on an 8-1/2" x 11" inch with the two photo/journaling blocks at the bottom, then I put all that on a 12" x 12" page. I CASEd the sketch from Splitcoast Stampers, but I don't remember now who I got it from. All supplies are, of course, Stampin' Up!



So, that's where I am, and I think I may be caught up on my "Summer Scrapbooking Support Group" goals. I'll have to go to the Stampin' Scrapbookers Yahoo! group website and enter them, see if I'm caught up yet.

Gotta run -- Aidan is doing homework (yes, they give homework during summer break -- writing essays and answering questions about the two books he has to read), and Bjorn is doing "Work work" on his computer, so I sense a great time to go do something creative in the loft!

No comments: