Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sunday, Sunday

Well, I actually managed to grab some time in the Loft this afternoon and evening, and cranked out a couple of cards (remember, I make four of everything, so it takes longer per design). It was fun to be up there creating and making things happen. I also managed to do a scrapbook LO and finish another one on Saturday, but for some reason my stitching program (a trial version of ArcSoft’s “Scan ‘n’ Stitch”) just kept locking up as soon as it was loaded, so I gave up trying to get it going. I want to buy this program (it worked when I first tried it several days ago --- and yes, I still had 2 days left on the trial), but right now I just don’t have the money. So I guess that means I can’t stitch anything until then.

ANYway – on to the cards.

The first one I did using the Alcohol Press TJ technique. Stamps are The Angel Company (TAC) and SU (sentiment). Colors are Basic Black, Summer Sun, Ruby Red and Groovy Guava (all SU). I used alcohol inks (Pinata brand Red something or other, and Ranger Butterscotch and Espresso) on the acetate sheet, and stamped the image in Staz-On:




The second one is an entirely different mood! (I guess I like to do that sometimes.) Stamps are TAC (lighthouses), Impression Obsession (sentiment) and Stamp Francisco (the girl behind the sentiment). Colors are SU’s new Soft Sky and Blue Bayou – hard to make the colors come out right after a scan. I also used SU’s Close to Cocoa on the tag. Oh, darn, I forgot – the tag is stamped with the Cheesecloth stamp from SU (I need to remember to note that on the back!)




So I really had a lot of fun making these. It’s getting hot up in the loft, though, now that our unseasonably cool summer temps are going away and leaving us with heat. It’s impossible to keep it cool enough in there – one little A/C vent, and if I keep it cool enough in the loft, I freeze out the people downstairs! So my stamping time is done in small chunks right now, so I can go downstairs and cool off!

No comments: