Friday, August 24, 2007

Primitive Kitties

Well, I managed to crank out another card design! Woo hoo! Only took me ... how many days to get this one finished? (Of course, I'm doing four of each again, for the fair.) This one involved Actual Hand Stitching (ooohs and aaahs are required here, yes). On four cards. I used up all the Linen Thread I had bought eons ago from SU and used in small trickles through those eons.

Anyway, I "stumbled" upon these kitties while I was looking for Scripture stamps. Came across Wood Cellar Graphics and even though "country" isn't usually my style, I decided to check out their "Primitives" section, and found some great stuff there! These kitties reminded me of my shower curtain (no, this isn't a photo from my house -- and my mother bought the curtain for us because we have cats), which in turn then became the "jumping-off point" of inspiration for this card. Okay, actually the card turned out a little far from the shower curtain, but that's okay. It was another God-inspired deal, helped along by something I'd saved off Splitcoast Stampers (probably) long ago in my "inspiration" notebook. Thus the Actual Stitching, which I NEVER would have come up with on my own. Not intentionally. I have a small sewing machine (a real one, not one of those tiny little faux sewing machines made for paper crafting that rip your paper to shreds) for just these purposes, but I'm terrified of having to load a bobbin with new thread, so it sits unused on a shelf in my loft. Yes, I have the instructions, but even well-written instructions don't necessarily make it easy to overcome childhood trauma.

SO ... here is the card. Kitty stamps are, of course, Wood Cellar Graphics. Sentiment and flowery background dealies are old Stampin' Up!



I have a box full of blank "chunky" board books to alter sitting on the landing outside my loft. One of my brilliant ideas for this craft fair -- thinking I might make some school memory books, that kind of thing, to sell. Pray for me. I really may have just gone over the line this time.

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a cute and creative card Stacy! Well done!!!