Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

I am NOT dead, as some of you have supposed. Just been brain dead. I have been experiencing the joys of going on new medication (the Topamax, for migraine prevention). For those of you who are blessed enough to have no clue about “ramping up” side effects of some meds, they can hit you like a ton of bricks. In this case, I have had days where I have felt like I was pushing a ton of bricks from the moment I got out of bed to the moment I climbed back in at the end of the day. Not to mention the fact that sometimes Topamax is referred to, lovingly (not) as “dopamax” by those fortunate enough to experience the “stupids” while their bodies adjust to the medication. I’ve just had the “my brain refuses to function” syndrome, so crafting has been pretty much out of the question most days.

HOWEVER – joy and happiness, I actually have been in the loft the last couple of days and have MADE THINGS!! Here I will show off one of them, in two variations. (The other two things aren’t finished yet). I’m in a three-month long card exchange through the Stampsmith Yahoo group, and needed to make my August cards, so I chose the “Shakespeare’s Heroines” set, and picked the French Princess from “Love’s Labors Lost” to make the cards. Once again God came through on how to finish the card, though. The Queen Anne’s Lace (or whatever the heck the flower is) is from Above the Mark stamps, and the background (if you can see it) is the En Fran├žais background stamp from SU. I was thrilled with how it came out, considering that all I did at first was stamp the darned princess on glossy cardstock and spritz her with brown and pink markers. It’s so fun to say, “HELP, God!!” and then watch as the whole thing just comes together!




I’ve signed up to do a craft fair in mid-October at the local Catholic church. That combined with the spiritual scrapbook ministry I’m doing made me realize I might need some new stamps (rolls eyes), so I spent all last week diligently shopping several unmounted stamp sites, and bought a bunch of goodies (tons of Scripture stamps, and then lots of great images). Then I talked to the lady in charge of the booths this morning, and got the impression this is a CHRISTMAS fair!! ACK!!!!!!!!!!! I do have, fortunately, several Christmas stamps, but dang it, I just spent all my money (and then some), and won’t be able to buy the Christmas stamps I WAS going to get from SU that would be so perfect for this! Guess I’ll have to try to scrape some up somehow. Maybe I’ll make sets of cards for people to buy as gifts?

Anyway, I got some fantastic stamps from the following companies, which I highly recommend: Rubber Stamp Avenue; Wood Cellar Graphics; My Paper Moon; Cape Arago; Heart and Soul Rubber Stamps; Clear Dollar Stamps; Rubber Stamp Shack.

Okay, gotta run get ready for Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic. My brain is at least halfway online today!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Glad you are adjusting!! Love the creations
Diane