Monday, October 08, 2007

Even more craft fair cards

Okay, Day Three of my Craft Fair Cards Show. I’ve been busy matching cards to envelopes, sticking white inserts into the cards that are too dark to write on (gotta get some cream-colored letter paper for the cards with a more vanilla/cream tone on the front), and slipping the ready-to-sell cards into clear plastic sleeves. I’m so mad, though – I bought clear sleeves big enough for 5”x5” cards, only to discover that the cards I’d made were 5-1/2” square! That’s what I get for not paying attention! The SU envies I’d ordered were the right size, so at least that was okay. I also didn’t order any clear sleeves for my 5”x7” cards. Don’t know where my brain was when I placed that order! So now I’ve gotta try to track some down locally. I just think it’s nicer when the cards are in their own little sleeves like that. Keeps them nicer when people are pawing through them, too.


I made this card using PP I got from Archiver's just for buying a ton of stuff. The silhouette image is from Crazy Mountain Stamps, and the sentiment is from SU. I love the silhouette look, it's kinda homey and vintage, which I think works well with the Autumn/Thanksgiving theme. IMHO :-)


A card highly inspired by a design from Splitcoast. Unfortunately, the scan of the background paper on this just refused to cooperate fully. It's a beautiful shimmery paper from Club Scrap (September's kit) that came on the day I wanted to play with this stamp (an SU stamp). I used a stamp from the Rhonna Farrer/Autumn Leaves "Flourish" set to stamp just a minimal pattern on the paper (I think I used pink Staz-On).


Again, another "inspired by" design, but it turned out quite different from the original. I used "Far East Stack" PP by DCWV, and the only stampin was on the medallion, which was made using UTEE, Not Quite Navy Craft Ink and the "Serenity" stamp from the retired SU set "Kanji". I loved this particular sheet of PP (the pink one with butterflies). I made several of these, and the butterflies were randomly placed on the paper, so there are really only two of each that are closely similar.


I have to confess that I LOVE this card. I made the original of this for a friend who needed a card to send to her real estate agent. I liked it so much I made several more, substituting stems in the oval for the "Thank You" I had used on hers. This uses the Colorwash Batik technique (one of my favs), and the stamp set is Artfully Asian from SU. I used Ranger Adirondack "Stream" colorwash -- again, I really like the way this color works for the Colorwash Batik tech!

So I hope you had fun looking at these cards. And I hope people at the fair will have fun buying them. Lots of fun. Buying lots of them.

Until next time ...

2 comments:

Nancy Ward said...

Stacy,

Your cards are fantastic...I'm sure you'll have great success at the craft fair.

Nancy

Mel M. M. M. said...

This is unbelievably, breathtakingly stunning. WOW! :0) Mel