Friday, October 05, 2007

FINALLY off hiatus -- at least for now.

What a hiatus this has been! Between migraines and migraine management, taking 95-year-old grandmothers to the ER for skin infections, staying with a mother (mine) who is none too keen on staying alone in the house (when my dad was staying with my grandmother at the hospital), doing physical therapy twice a week for a repetitive motion injury in my shoulder caused by STAMPING (yes, this can happen to you!) – I did actually manage to get a few cards made for the craft fair that is next Saturday.

I managed to get them all scanned over the last couple of days, so will be posting them here bit by bit. I’ll put four of them up today. If you like them and want recipes (or at least ingredients), e-mail me and I’ll try to dig them up for you. I’m nursing a stress headache at the moment and the meds have me a bit loopy, so I know I can remember details well tonight. Some of the cards I made were totally my own ideas, and others were inspired by other cards I’ve seen, but I never (at least I don’t think I did) totally CASEd anyone’s cards. I hate doing that. I want each card design to be my own, even if it’s just by a change of stamp set or rearranging things, whatever. So I hope you’ll enjoy looking at them over the next several days!


These first two were done for a Stampsmith card exchange. So, okay Clark Gable had a nice smile, but Errol Flynn's gets my pulse rate up, despite the cheesy mustache! Hubba hubba!

Clark


Errol



"Hot Card" Technique (Image is a paper napkin)



(This last one is one of my favorites! Simple but elegant.)



On an NSR topic, DH and I just got through watching on DVD a great movie that came out about a year or so ago, Second Chances with Michael W. Smith. It was fantastic! Of course, the whole message of the movie was that God wants us OUT of our comfort zones, and I am SO comfort-oriented, so it really kinda kicked me in the behind there, but that’s one of the reasons it was good. I highly recommend it. We got it from Netflix.

Okay, gotta go off to bed. Aidan has Monday off, so that means an extra “sleep in” day this weekend – woo hoo! I’m going to try to sing on Sunday morning (first time in two months), but it really depends on how I’m doing on Sunday morning. I’m past taking things nanosecond by nanosecond, but moment by moment is still the order of the day.

Peace out. (I’m really too “old” to say that, but I needed a way to end this, and that’s the way our thirty-something totally hip “in the know with the culture” former worship minister used to sign all his e-mails.)

1 comment:

Ginni said...

Hi Stacey! Tried to send an e-mail directly to you and it didn't work. Just glad to hear your migraines are slowing down. Sorry to hear about the sinus infection, but glad it's doing better.

Found your comments very interesting re: SU - I'm about the same boat. Love the products (paper, etc.), but after being a TJ subscriber for several years, so much of SU's demos and ideas are so simplistic.

Thanks for sharing.

Ginni