Sunday, October 07, 2007

More craft fair cards

Okay, as promised, here are four more of the cards I made for the upcoming craft fair. I’ve been spending time going through and putting copyright info on the backs of the cards, so hopefully now I can remember enough to put that information in this post. I still can’t promise you I can remember any techniques used, and the last several cards I did were pretty much technique-free. I had purchased some Thanksgiving/Fall-ish patterned paper and was needing to use that, so some of them are mostly PP.

This one I did with the Level 3 Hostess Set from the Fall/Winter SU catalog. It’s heavily inspired by a card I saw on Splitcoast, but I used different paper and changed a few things. A very easy card.


The town where I live (and where the craft fair is) has several golf courses, so golf is a huge deal around here. I made several of these cards, hoping people will buy them for retirement or birthday cards for the golf fanatic. All the stamps are from the retired SU set “Fore”, except for the word “GOLF”, which is a Stampabilities stamp. I do know that I used the Gamsol Pearls technique, minus the pearls.


I saw a very gorgeous Christmas card about a year ago on Splitcoast (I think) that was done with beautiful baroque-ish PP, and I’ve been wanting to try it since then but just have been to busy playing with techniques to do something as simple as “slapping” three pieces of PP together – you have to use just the right PP, though, or else it doesn’t work right! I was happy to come up with this combination of (I think) Basic Grey and SU papers that work well together, in my opinion, for a harvest-themed card. The only thing I stamped was the sentiment, which is from a retired SU set (from last year’s Holiday Mini, if I recall correctly). I made the photo turns with copper cardstock, a QuicKutz die and my Cuttlebug. The ribbon is just some random copper stuff I had hanging around.


Last one for today. Another “Autumnal” looking card, done with SU double-sided PP from the Holiday mini (I think it’s called “Spiced Apple” but I’m not sure, since I lost my only copy of the Holiday mini and I don’t want to go look it up on the internet) and the medallion stamp from the SU “friends-something” set from that same catalog. I used the Rock-n-Roll technique on the medallion. Again, super easy, just have to do some measuring and a lot of cutting, but you can crank out several of these without a whole lot of hard work, and they look great (again, in my humble opinion).

So, I hope you enjoyed today’s selection. There’ll be more to come soon!

Cheers!

No comments: