Monday, November 26, 2007

Dear Santa ... (stick with it -- pics at end)

Well, I apologize for not being here to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. The eternal sinus infection was the culprit again, along with a there-day migraine. But I am thankful for so many things – family, my home, the blessings of being able to afford (mostly) the tons of stamping/scrapping stuff I have, my talents, and most of all the Savior who loves me just like I am (boy is that a big love!) and loves me too much to leave me like this!

So it’s on to Christmas. First of all, I feel a need to write Santa my Christmas list this year. I’m not going to put the usual “peace on earth, good will to men” stuff on there. I mean, Jesus came and brought that already. It’s here, it’s just up to people to accept the gift of it in Him, and it doesn’t seem like too many people really want to do that, so many of them reject Him. So if Jesus Himself can’t get them to, I don’t imagine Santa is gonna be able to do much better. So on to the “selfish” stuff:

Dear Santa,
Okay, I don’t know that I’ve really been all that “good” this year. I’ve been pretty whiney, discouraged and darned selfish a lot of the year. But let’s just overlook that stuff, okay? You know, in the spirit of Christmas and all that. I’m not going to ask for the “big stuff” – good health, world peace, etc. That seems to be out of your realm (with all due respect). So here, without further ado, is my wish list for Christmas 2007:
1) A major trip to New Zealand. Like, three or four weeks, at least. This is Number One on the list, and, yes, I’m going to keep bugging you about it until I get it. ;-)
2) Have my credit card debt paid off. I promise to cut up my card and close out the account once this happens! Yes, PROMISE. I’ve even told Bjorn this, so he’ll hold me to it.
3) A Cricut diecutting machine for my scrapping, and lots of wonderful little cartridges to go with it. Yes, I really do need one. Desperately. Trust me on this.

Um … other than that I can’t really think of anything. I’m keeping it simple this year, as you can see, so it shouldn’t be too hard for you to come across with the goods. As always, there’ll be cookies and milk waiting for you and goodies for the reindeer.

Ever yours,
Stacy

P.S. If my mother tries to talk you out of the New Zealand trip – DON’T LISTEN TO HER! You know she’s overprotective, so just nod your head, say “Uh huh”, and then go ahead with the tickets, etc., anyway. Thanks!

Okay, back to reality. We’re traveling for Christmas this year (not New Zealand, sadly; but we will be visiting family), which I dread because of the health issues I always seem to have this time of year. I just really have felt rotten for the last month, but I’m hoping my doc and my neurologist can work out something to help me get over the sinus thing and the migraines. I thought I had a plan to lick the migraines, since they’re hormonal, but that doesn’t seem to be working, so I feel like I’m kinda back to square one there. I will be seeing the neuro on the 18th, I think, so maybe we can figure something out before I have to travel. I always feel like I’m such a lousy house guest for my in-laws’ when we’re there at Christmas, and I don’t think it’s going to be any better this year. It’s hard to explain to extremely healthy people that you really aren’t slacking, you just really, really feel rotten. They’re sweet people, but I feel like I must be an alien to them sometimes!

So, anyway, enough whining. Being sick meant I did get my entire novel (such as it is so far) “charted” with my Scene Tracker chart program. I’m not ready to jump into figuring out the plot yet, though. I still have lots of scenes to write (and, therefore, chart), so I’m gonna concentrate on that for awhile.

I did manage to make a couple of cards the other night. One of my customers wanted me to make cards for two of her grandchildren’s upcoming birthdays (she doesn’t feel confident enough in her stamping yet to make cards – she’s a scrapbooker), so I said I would do that. I’m very pleased with the one for the 21-yr-old girl, not as much the one for the 19-yr-old boy (guys are so hard to make cards for sometimes!), but I’m hoping she’ll like them. Here they are:

This first one uses an image from Sparkle-and-Sprinkle stamps, and the paper is the "Charbon" PP set from Stampin' UP! -- it's really more a cream and black than white and black. I used Very Vanilla cardstock as the base for stamping the lady, if that tells you anything. There's a clear rhinestone brad at the lady's waist.




This one uses a stamp from StampFrancisco that is a knock-off of a Hokusai painting. I've used it before, and I really love the image, but I'm not sure how well it works as a birthday card! Especially since I don't know anything about the 19-year-old boy for whom I made it except that he is "sweet". I've forgotten the name of the technique I used on the panel with the webbing spray -- something TJ, but as my brain is still addled from sinus stuff, I can't remember and I don't feel like looking it up! (Aren't I nice!)



Okay, well, off to the grocery store, then I'll probably take a nap and ... who knows what. Maybe work on Christmas cards (hey, stop laughing so hard, you'll hurt yourself!) or write. Then pick Aidan up and definitely write. And then ... who knows. I'll probably be back before the new year. Stay tuned ...

2 comments:

Shirley (Shirleyone) said...

I love this Stacy! I really need to have that stamp. I have admired it for a long time and now that I see how you use it.....Wow! TFS

Shirley (Shirleyone) said...

I spoke too soon. I really think both of your cards are lovely. I really like Asian and all ethinic cards. TFS