Monday, January 28, 2008

Feelin' kinda Boho

... whatever that means, exactly. I mean, yeah, in my mind I can think of myself as somewhat "boho-chick" at heart, but I think a REAL "bohemian" would blow their nose in my general direction and then taunt me a second time.

Yes, we've been watching Monty Python's "Holy Grail" to pass the time, since Aidan has now been at home sick for five days. He's been fever-free for two days, but his cough is wretched, and he's pretty worn out, so tenderhearted mom that I am, he will not go to school until I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that he's his normal self again. (Before you worry too much, we only watched it once -- Aidan has been amusing himself with, hopefully, "safe" anime and manga on the computer for the bulk of his waking hours, so it's not like we're just re-running Holy Grail over and over and over, although I do have chunks of it memorized from younger days.)

SO ... on to stamping! Today marked the second week of Technostamper's Monday Lunch Challenge. The sketch this week is this:



And this is what I came up with:



Everything is Stampin' Up! except whatever media I used on the orange bit. That part is a TJ technique called "Cling & Scrunch", and I made it awhile back, so I don't remember if I used Lumiere paint or what. I'm thinking that's what it was. I wasn't sure of the color combination to start with, but the more I worked on it, the more I liked it. I used Iridescent Ice EP on the focal flower, but you can't really see much sparkle in the photo (even though the flash should have brought that out somewhat). And the cool thing I did was use rub-ons on the ribbon! I saw that somewhere, didn't really pay attention to how the person did it, but it's super easy -- you just do it like paper, though I had to rub a little harder and longer. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out! (BTW, for those of you who may be tempted to think these cards just come so easily to some people, let me assure you that's rarely the case, at least for me ... this one took two hours to bring together!)

Well, I was hoping to make another card, or start a scrapbook LO tonight, but it's getting a bit late and I think I want to do a bit of writing again, so hopefully tomorrow will prove to be creatively productive! I'm sure I'll be playing with sketches again. I don't know why I've never done this until now ... it's the perfect way to get the ol' brain started and get something made!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Wow, this is very pretty! Love the colors. You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks so much for playing.