Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Second Week 2 Technostamper Challenge Card!



Well! I actually got up in the loft and did another of the Week 2 challenge cards today! I literally woke up this morning with this idea in my head, so when I finally got a chance to play, at 5 o'clock this afternoon, I couldn't wait to see if this would come together. I'm really pleased with the way it did, although now I realize I didn't put the circle behind the main focal image (the peacock). Had I done that, though, I would have obliterated the lowest peacock feather, so I'm not sure how I would've worked that out, anyway. Maybe instead of centering it behind the peacock I could've made it smaller and just behind the top square of the panel, sorta like a halo, lol. Anyway, whatever, it's an adaptation of the sketch, anyway, so I'm not going to worry about it.

The peacock stamp is from Impression Obsession, and the stamp I used to make the medallion was from SU's "Boho Backgrounds" set (there's that "Boho thing" again!). This has three TJ techniques -- Pearly Stained Glass (the peacock), Opalite Smoosh (the main background) and Faux Medallions (the, well, medallion). I really need to go buy some Melting Pot liners before I completely ruin mine. I've only used it twice, both for the Faux Medallion tech, and I don't use much UTEE since I'm only making small batches of stuff. I keep wanting to get brave and try more UTEE stuff -- I have some sort-of "sample size" jars of this really awesome Australian thick embossing enamel called Opals (comes in GORGEOUS colors), but there's hardly enough to make much of anything, and it's pretty darned expensive stuff. There's only one place I know of in the States that sells it online, nowhere around here sells it in a store, or I can order from Australia, but the exchange rate isn't particularly favorable (too bad it isn't from New Zealand -- fabulous exchange rate there!). The ones I have were a gift from my Aussie friend Leonie (Totally AddInktive blog) so I don't want to use them for just anything!

Anyway, it's late, Aidan is FINALLY well enough to go back to school, so I've got to get up at 6:30 in the morning to get him and Bjorn off. I hope I find time to play in the loft again tomorrow. I want to try to adapt this week's card sketch to a scrapbook page.

4 comments:

MJ said...

I love your take on the sketch this time. Very nicely done. I have posted both on my blog. Thanks for playing again.

Lynn said...

I love all your cards. I am still here looking and drooling over the wonderful things you create. Where do you get the ideas? After I get my rubberstamping blog set up, I plan to do some of the Technostamper's challenges.

Lynn M.

ScrappyAng said...

Great work, Stacy!

TotallyAddinktive said...

Stacy all you gotta do is say the word and I'll get you some more ... I do like to trade you know!! LOL