Thursday, February 21, 2008

Metallic Alcohol Roll card for Week 5 of MJ's Monday Lunch Challenges

Well, finally! I squeezed in some stamping time between Granny-sitting, taking care of my own family, running errands for my parents and grabbing a quick nap here and there. I wanted to try Mary Jo's challenge for this week (I actually did last week's, but only did one and gave it to my Granny before I got it scanned), and I wanted to use my new Gel-a-tins "Wild Things" stamp set, but that meant I had to turn the sketch sideways to make it work. So I did! Here's the sketch:


(I've been told the butterfly on each sketch is Mary Jo's trademark, not necessarily a sketch element, but sometimes it's in the perfect place to be one!)

And here's my rendition:



I used the TJ technique "Metallic Alcohol Roll," and then to make the "Wild Things" a little less dull (texture-wise) I covered the whole Summer Sun panel with Versamark and dusted it with Interference Gold Pearl Ex, sealing it with hairspray before adhering it to the alcohol roll panel. The Chinese letters were cut from a background stamp I got at Michaels (can't remember the manufacturer).

I totally love this stamp set! Each of the flowers and grasses and bugs are a separate stamp (there is a grass stamp that has three blades), so you can stamp them in any configuration you want. They're coming out with a similar set that's larger called "Big Wild Things" that I may have to get for scrapbooking, because I think it would make the neatest background papers.

Anyway, hubby is home, kid wants to go over to the grandparents' to watch last night's (taped) episode of Mythbusters, so I hope y'all enjoy the card!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Stacy this is beautiful. Love the way you cut around the flowers and flipped the sketch to work. Great job. Great technique too. Thanks so much for playing.

Valerie Byrnes said...

This card is just gorgeous. I love the background. Great job.