Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Magic Pattern Birthday

Well, I spent a good chunk of the day today at the hospital helping "Granny-sit" with my oldest brother and my mom. She doesn't really need that many people, but I had to drive my brother up there (he flew out from Dallas and doesn't have a car), and my Mom wasn't ready to leave her. Dad had to go car-shopping, since he hit a deer a few weeks ago and the insurance decided to go ahead and total it out, so there were three of us in the room with her!

So, anyway, here is the card I eventually came up with for my customer to give her daughter. I kinda wanted to try making another one so I could choose between them, but I am SOOOOO exhausted there's just no way it's gonna happen tonight. I'm not even sure I'm gonna be able to sing in the Easter service this year. The rehearsal is tomorrow night, and I can't imagine spending hours at the hospital and having anything left to give for rehearsal.

Oh, yeah, the card! Well, the technique is another TJ one called Magic Pattern, very simple to do just involves watercoloring and embossing. The flower stamp is a hostess stamp from SU's current catalog. I used the "En Francais" background, too. The "Happy Birthday" is from The Stampsmith, and I embossed it with Iridescent Ice (isn't that the SU glitter that's EP?), but it doesn't show up very sparkly on the scan. It's a 5"x7" card.



I am so danged tired! There is so much stress going on about my grandmother's situation. She had a very rough night with breathing issues last night, and my parents (who stayed overnight with her) said there were a couple of times when they really thought they were going to lose her. The doctors just leave so many of the decisions to the family, and they're often very tough calls to make, so we're all just worn out and don't know when there will be any relief. But God is keeping us sane, giving us all strength and helping us in so many amazing ways. I know that whatever way this turns out, He is in control and it's best for Granny. I just want her to be at peace and comfortable, not having to suffer like she is now.

Anyway, gotta get my mind on something else now. It'll be bedtime soon and I want to go straight to bed, but I'm in the middle of doing the laundry that didn't get done earlier because I was at the hospital! Maybe I'll get a chance to stamp tomorrow ...

4 comments:

Shirley said...

How gorgeous, Stacy!! TFS

Lynn said...

I am still reading your blogs and enjoying the beautiful cards. Hey, go check out my new blog that I just started.

Lynn MaGill

Lynn said...

Oh, the address is:

rubberstamper391.blogspot.com

Mel M. M. M. said...

Love your card. The script stamp is SO perfect for this technique. I've got the magic pattern tutorial on my blog if anyone is curious:

melstampz.blogspot.com/2007/12/magic-pattern-bella-tutorial.html

:0) Mel