Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Warning ... this is a rant ...

... specifically about Stampin' Up!, so if you don't want to hear it, please don't read any further. That's okay with me, I don't want to upset any loyal SU fans or demonstrators.

Right now I'm very upset with them. Admittedly, technically it's my own fault, so I will put that caveat in before I start my official rant. Now, here we go:
I went to log into my SU demonstrator's account today and couldn't do it. No matter what I tried, nothing worked. I asked for the password to be sent to me, and it was, but it still didn't work. So I e-mailed Demonstrator Support asking if this was a glitch or because I had sent in my resignation letter.

Here's the deal -- no matter if you request a final date in your letter, SU drops you as soon as they get your letter. For me this actually went in stages -- first I couldn't use the online ordering function (OEX), so I had to put my orders in by phone. Now I'm just outta there. (I'm thankful I did have that chance to put one last order in, since I had a customer who'd put off using a $100 gift certificate until then! So maybe the "dropping in stages" was a God thing?) For some reason this just really hurts my feelings. So yeah, okay, call me a baby, I don't care. I think what SU should do is at least acknowledge your letter with an e-mail explaining what they're about to do to you so it doesn't just hit you in the face once they do it. I'm not quitting SU because I hate them, as I've said before. They're not doing much to make me love them at this point, though. They should be very careful, because I still have my customers, there are still people I influence about SU. I'm not the snarky type who would go around suddenly bad-mouthing SU's products and telling people they shouldn't buy from them anymore -- that's not the way a Christian should behave and it just goes against who I am. But they don't know I'm not. And I'm sure there are plenty of people "out there" who wouldn't hesitate to do so.

Anyway, I just think it was a bit cold the way they did this. I may not be a demonstrator anymore, but I'm definitely still a potential customer and a PR person for them, so they still need to treat me -- and all who choose to resign from SU -- with respect.

There. I'm done. Glad I got that off my chest. So now on to creativity and no more icky nasties with the SU thing. I think I will write them a NICE letter telling them they should send out those letters/e-mails before they just drop people like a hot potato! Then I'm off to make cards to post here -- way better than ranting!

No comments: