Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hurrah! Huzza! We're finally getting started!

Cue the Hallelujah Chorus, we have finally begun work on re-vamping my craft loft! Folks, I am pleased as punch to announce that the orange shag carpet is GONE! It has been ripped up and disposed of and in my loft it is NO MORE!!

So I've been taking pictures of the progress, and I will share them with you now. First, though, a couple of "befores" so you can see the offending orange stuff. These pics are actually somewhat old, as I have more shelving and have a different configuration of things in there now (and it will be different again after I get moved back in), but you can at least get a feel for the Offending Orange:

Hopefully you can see how the carpet actually went up the wall, too.








And in this one you can see the lovely orange "velvet" wallpaper. Can you say "1970s"? Can you say "ghastly"? I knew you could.

So, anyway, that's the brief overview of the orange craft loft.








And now, here we are underway with the NEW and IMPROVED (vastly!) version.




This is the teenage son beginning the work of ripping the carpet off the walls. He did this quite cheerfully. I think there was something destructively fun about it that appealed to the little boy that still lurks in there somewhere!


And these are the walls reveling in their uncarpeted nakedness. I have no doubt that after over thirty years of having to wear that nasty shag coat, they were thrilled to be shed of it!!















Here is the DH beginning the fun task of pulling the carpet and carpet pad up off the floor (and, yes, I was being facetious about the fun part!).He had Aidan scrape the glue residue off the plywood flooring. I'm so glad I'm not a teenager!












And here is the naked floor.









Very soon (hopefully tomorrow) I'll post pictures of the Pegboard Progress. I won't overwhelm you with all the pics I have so far, all in one day.

Tomorrow I go for my cardiac stress test. I'm not looking forward to it. For one thing, I was sick all week last week with another flare-up of my chronic sinus thing, had fever clear up through Saturday. For another thing, I've done one of these before and I seem to remember wondering why they were trying to kill me if they were in the business of keeping me alive. But I am hoping they'll have some news about what's wrong with (or not wrong with!) my heart.

So off to bed now. It's driving me crazy to not be able to stamp or scrap! My whole bedroom is crammed full of my craft loft contents, but there's no way to get to enough stuff to do anything. We'd better get this finished SOON!

Catch ya later!

No comments: