Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day cards for DH and Dad

For some reason, I was stuck on denim and leather (or at least those colors) for my Father's Day cards this year. My dad's I had already made back in April, and posted it here, but I'll show you again in case you've forgotten (or haven't seen) what it looked like.

First, Bjorn's:


The stamp is from Stampabilities, sentiment from Onyx Expressions, whom I have mentioned before -- they have beautiful black rubber stamps. The lower left panel was made with a Technique Junkies tech called "AI Float" (AI = Alcohol Ink). After the ink was dry on it, I ran it through my Cuttlebug "Distressed Stripes" embossing folder so it would look a little like, I don't know, a fence or something. Wood. That sort of thing. The top right panel is a leftover piece of Faux Denim (TJ Tech) from my dad's card. It was a fairly simple card to make, but I like the way it went together.

And my dad's card is here:


If you want the details on it, you can find the original post by clicking here. (And if you must know, no, I haven't yet used any of those cool backgrounds I made that day, but they are high on my priority list of "pre-made backgrounds" to use!)

We had a nice Father's Day. Good church service (had a baptism AND the Lord's Supper all in one service!), good lunch, Bjorn and Daddy opened their gifts, and then we all took naps! lol I guess being a father is pretty exhausting. Bjorn went down first, then Dad, and then the sleep vibes were so thick the rest of us couldn't help but follow. But, hey, what better way to spend a hot summer Sunday afternoon, ay?

Okay, now I want to get up into my craft loft and have some more fun (if I can shake off the Sunday Sleepies!), so hopefully I'll have more to show tomorrow, or at least in the near future!

Happy stamping! And try to stay cool/dry/in one place (out of the tornadoes).

No comments: