Monday, June 30, 2008

Why haven't I been blogging??

I don't know. I have no excuse other than pure orneryness. I have been being all crafty in the loft, but I think I just didn’t feel like photographing/scanning my wonderful creations, so I kept putting it off until I finally had a card I loved so much I HAD to show it off! (How pathetic is that? lol)

So here it is. I mean, this is TODAY’s Techno Stamper Monday Lunch Challenge, and I’m posting the one I did ON MONDAY! Do I hear gasps of shock and awe? Yeah, well, don’t expect this every week, but I found the sketch inspiring, and have been dying to use these stamps I got a few weeks ago from Deadbeat Designs, so everything just came together today in this amazing, incredible MOMENT OF CREATIVITY!! (Did I say “moment”? I laugh in my own general direction. Let’s just take the concept “moment” and multiply it exponentially and that would be more how the day went.)

All the stamps except the bandana background (which is from Cornish Heritage Farms) are from Deadbeat Designs, up the road a piece in Salado, TX. I totally love these stamps! Being the die-hard Native-Texan-five-generations-back, you would expect that, I suppose. But isn’t the swirl on the state map just adorable? And the bigger swirl that I bought to make my star-swirl border thing totally matches it! I didn’t realize that until I was already halfway through with the card. Okay, so it takes me awhile. Anyway, I used the TJ “Faux Denim” tech on the blue strip with the white swirl on it (which was stamped in white craft/pigment ink and embossed with white EP), and I used the Splitcoast tech “Dazzling Diamond Dust” on the Texas circle (you can’t really tell, but it covers the whole circle). I did the white highlights on the bandana background by first stamping the image in the white craft/pigment ink, drying it with my heat tool, then over-stamping, just slightly off, in Black Soot (Ranger Distress Inks), using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the alignment right. I think it might actually look better to stamp directly over the white with the black next time. The white came out looking a bit smudgy. Oh, well. Trial and error.

I’m also going to show you my card for last week’s Techno Stamper Challenge. I didn’t get it finished in time to post on Mary Jo’s blog, but I struggled so hard with it that the mere fact that I stuck with it and finished it makes it deserve a bit of credit in my own blog. I don’t know why it was so hard. I just couldn’t get the mojo to happen with it.

The paper I used is from the “Le Jardin” collection from SU. Stamps are also SU. I colored the young woman from “A Quiet Life” with my Copic markers (doesn’t that make me sound SPECIAL, that I actually have COPIC markers like all the TRULY CRAFTY bloggers? I’ve had ‘em forever, I just didn’t know what to do with ‘em, lol), and the “Bonjour” oval is backed by two textured Blue Bayou ovals I punched with the same size punch and offset with each other because I don’t have an oval the next size up and I can’t cut freehand to save my life. Especially not shapes. The border between the two papers was punched with a M – M – Martha Stewart punch (I still have trouble admitting I bought stuff of hers!)

So that’s it for today. I have several other goodies to show you, including an actual SCRAPBOOK PAGE! But that will have to be for another time, dearies. It’s getting late, I’m getting loopy, and I need for this page to be getting posted!

Hugs all ‘round (I hear that in Jack Sparrow’s voice … did I tell you I’m getting loopy?), and I hope to be back tomorrow! Of course, how many times have I said that lately? I'm sorry I can't be counted on to be punctual, responsible, etc. But, hey, I'm cute. That has to count for something! (Tee hee)

2 comments:

MJ said...

Oh my gosh those stamps are great, I will have to check that company out. My sister would love them. And they work wonderfully in this layout. What a great card. And the second card is stunning. I love it. Glad you stuck with it. Great job on both challenges. Thanks for playing.

Carol O. said...

What you did with the bandana background looks AWESOME. It looks TOTALLY 3D. I was wondering how you got the embossing plate to look so deeply embossed and how much tgexture there was. I truly did not know it was a "technique" until I read the description. Good job!