Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Attack of the unruly ribbons ...

So, I don't remember if I mentioned it or not (and I'm too lazy to go check), but last week I ordered this new ribbon organizing system from Scrapbook.com because my non-rolled ribbons have gotten quite out of hand in my craft loft. This may give you an idea of what I'm dealing with here:


If you look in the upper left-hand corner you can see a basket hanging on the pegboard that's full of ribbon I ended up dumping sort-of willy-nilly in there for lack of a better way to do it. I have my SU Ribbon Keepers up on the wall for my SU and some other rolled ribbon, and other rolled ribbon is on pegs. But this stuff ... nowhere to go. My original plan was to roll it all around clothespins, but the clothespins have been sitting around the loft forever and the ribbon is still not rolled around them.

So I got a newsletter from Scrapbook.com the other day that was showing this new system by Chicory Chic called "Ribbon Rings". This is what it looks like in use: (This was posted by one of the reviewers on Scrapbook.com, this isn't my photo.) And this is what the little plastic ribbon holders and ring look like before you load 'em up:
(This is from the Ribbon Ring website.)

I thought it looked kinda innovative, like something I could live with, too. And I could hang 'em up on my pegboard wall. So I bought a couple of starter sets and last night when I wasn't feeling up to stamping anything, I decided to start loading up my little ribbon tags. It's a little labor intensive, but not hard at all, and I really like the look of having all that ribbon together in one place, easily accessible, visible, and NOT all scrunched up, rolled up, wadded up in several different boxes, cases, whatever, very disorganized. I'm trying to keep my like-colors together, so last night I got my neutrals finished, and today sometime I will get back up there and start on the colors. Think I'll go in rainbow order -- you know, what you learned in school, the ol' ROYGBIV order of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. I actually started with the pinks last night (light red, y'know?), and then will go on from there. Cool thing about the rings is that, if you discover a, say, brown ribbon after you've already got all the browns done and have moved on, you can just pop open the ring wherever you want to put the wayward brown ribbon, freshly laced through on its new tag, right with the other browns. You don't have to pull all the other colors off, put the brown one on, then put the others back. That's the beauty of the snap-open rings. (That was probably as clear as mud, but that's where my brain is today. I'm right about here ...)


My son has introduced me to icanhascheezburger.com, and I have to say it's pretty hysterical at times. I mean, who can beat lolcats? Or especially lolkitties!

Okay, so that's all I have for today. I do have other pics of my craft loft, but will post them at another time. I hope you've enjoyed this little review of the Chicory Chic Ribbon Ring system (and, no, I'm not affiliated, just thought it was cool). Of course, I had to order a Pebbles, Inc. Ribbon Iron today so I could easily flatten out all my weirdly kinked ribbon. I had sworn I would never do such a silly thing when I had a perfectly good iron right there in the craft loft. But after looking at the seeming convenience of this ribbon iron thing ... well ... and I got it at Scrapbook Warehouse for only $12-something. Not bad!

Off to ... whatever. Sleep or do ribbons. I will be SO glad when I'm over this sinus/ear thing!!

No comments: