Monday, July 07, 2008

Sick, sick, sick! (Not my mental condition, lol)

Well, it's been an interesting few days. First my cat got sick. Then my computer (which actually died, completely freaking me out), then I got sick. I am happy to say that my cat is ... well, he has meds now, anyway; the computer has a new hard drive (and most of my stuff was backed up to our external drive); and I have meds, too! (Sinus/ear infection AGAIN. But I went a whole month without one!!)

I did lose all my e-mail addresses, so if you regularly correspond with me, PLEASE send me your e-mail addy again!! I don't want to lose touch with anybody just because I was an idiot and didn't think to back up my address book!

And, a word to the wise -- BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!!! Had I truly lost all my writings, my copies of my cards & LOs, my misc "junk" that makes up my life, I don't know what I would've done. I do have all my writings in hard copy form, but I can't imagine typing them all back in (my current "book" is 2" thick!!). And I have MOST of my original cards, but not all of them. So we're going to find a good online service that I can use to back up ALL my stuff. Almost all my photos are on Kodak Gallery. But not my videos. I can't imagine what I would have done if I'd lost my Newsboys videos that I personally took at the Houston concert in 2006. Kodak Gallery doesn't host vids.

Ah, but God was merciful and I didn't lose that stuff, my husband was merciful and bought me a new hard drive (8 times bigger than my old one! tells you how old it was, huh?), and life can resume normalcy again. WHEW!!!

We had a wonderful party on the 4th. The parade was just plain fun -- lots of hometown goodness. We saluted our vets, celebrated the local high school (even though my son doesn't go there, but attends a private Christian school), waved our arms off at all the "dignitaries" who drove by, as well as the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts, the church floats and the highly decorated golf carts. We even accepted flag lapel pins from the local Democrats (which I thought was a hoot -- are they trying to compensate for Mr. Obama's earlier faux pas, or what? And don't take that personally if you're a Democrat, please!). All in all a very delightful morning with very delightful friends.

Since I haven't felt well I've been mostly just unmounting SU stamps and re-mounting on EZMount foam, but I still have some cards to show you that I haven't exhibited to the world yet.
This is one of my recent works of heart, an oriental theme done with washi paper and following the June 16 Mojo Monday sketch from Julee Tilman's Poetic Artistry blog. The paper (isn't it gorgeous!) came from Stone House Stamps, and the camellia stamp is from Art Neko. Both sites have tons of fantastic Asian stamps and supplies. Not much to say about this card -- it was pretty simple to do -- except that the camellia was stamped with Versamark and covered with Pearl Ex (I can't remember now what color, because I tried several different ones before settling on the one I ended up using ... Helpful, aren't I?)

So, that's it for now. I do have other cards to show, but I have to save them for other times when I haven't made anything new. I am making progress on getting my SU stamps unmounted, but now that I'm going through all the sets I have, some of them are less appealing to me than they used to be. I may just keep those mounted and sell them in our citywide garage sale in a couple of months. Or something.

Anyway, off to try to sneak in a nap before Bjorn gets home and wants supper!

No comments: