Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yay! We can has hurricane!

If you're not an "I Can Has Cheezburger?" fan, you won't get that title, so my apologies.

We finally got the much anticipated and much-given-up-on rain bands from Hurricane Dolly this afternoon! Yay! Actually, they hit just as I was driving to the allergist, and they were not pleasant little rainshowers. The first squall hit with ferocity -- high winds, blinding rain. Yes, I wanted rain, but I also wanted to be safe while driving! Thankfully I made it to the allergist's and back, and we got nicely drenched from here to there and back again. At one point I thought it looked a bit tornadic, but fortunately it was just heavy rain lowering to the earth, and not a swirling vortex of death or anything. Which was fortunate, because I was in a long line of cars waiting to turn right at a semi-rural intersection and it would've been a bit difficult to get the heck out of Dodge and find shelter anywhere!

(And, BTW, I'm not trying to make light of the hurricane -- I know it's caused damage and created heartache for a lot of people, so that's not something I discount. I'm just glad we got some rain. If the hurricane had to hit, I'm glad somebody got something positive out of it!)

Anyway, on to card-making. Obviously today I haven't had much chance to be crafty, but I will show you the card I made yesterday for the TechnoStamper challenge this week. I struggled like heck to get the squares lined up on the window. I was using a square punch, you'd think this would be easy, but noooooo! Not for Miss Straight-Line Challenged. So, in my crafting as in my housework ... I don't do windows. Everything on this card is SU, even the ribbon. Wow, haven't done that in awhile!

The allergist seemed like a very knowledgeable guy, and was very nice. He spent lots of time listening to me, asking questions, explaining things. I'll be having a skin test next week on Friday, and we'll go from there. I'm sure hoping we can get things cleared up and straightened out! Sounds like there is hope!

Okay, Aidan has been cleaning up around here for the visit of his female friend tomorrow afternoon, and he wants me to check his handiwork. Hey, if it gets him to clean my house, she can come over any time!!

Happy crafting! Oh, and puhleeze leave comments on my blog! I hate to resort to begging, but it's so sad to see that little "0 comments" at the end of a post. If you're getting this by e-mail, you can click the title of the post and it will take you there, and just scroll down to the bottom to leave a comment. I've gone in and made it so that anyone can comment, you don't have to have a Google or Blogger account. Thank you!!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I am happy to leave a comment. As always, your work is wonderful! I have sinus problems and got allergy shots for awhile. I need to go abck and start it again. I am very allergic to mold and dust. And, a mild allergy to St. Johns Grass and Elm trees. The mold is a biggie because there are so many foods you cannot eat either which of course I eat them all anyways.

Stacy said...

Oh, no, FOODS you can't eat?? That will stink! Oh, well, maybe I'll lose weight, lol.

Thanks for the compliment on my work. You're always so sweet, Lynn! :-)

Kristin said...

I know what you mean about the "0" comments- I have lots of friends and family read my blog and they just send emails, texts, or call! I love your work... I am a TX gal as well, so we have that in common. Good luck on the allergy tests!

Lynn said...

Yes and lots of foods if you are allergic to mold. For example: no mushrooms(of course), cheeses, dairy products, leftovers, anything with yeast, other things like mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup. So, m question is: what can I eat??? LOL

Debbie Slone said...

Yeah I can post a comment! :)
What colors did you use on your card? Are they SU colors?
I understand about the window, that's why I made a template so I knew where to punch my square. It helps most of the time. I want it perfect too. Glad you got some needed rain. Hope everyone was okay during the hurricane.

Stacy said...

Thanks for your comments, y'all! I am smiling now!

Oh, gosh, I hope I'm not allergic to all those foods! I already can't eat wheat or sugar, so if the others go ... I might as well eat cardboard!

Debbie, yes, they are SU colors -- stamped-off Ballet Blue, Ballet Blue and Brilliant Blue. I actually made a template, too, but it still didn't help. I'm straight-line challenged (including anything made with straight lines).

Hey, Kristin, we need all the Texas gals around here we can get -- I hope you are or will be a regular!

Thanks for stopping by, ladies!!

MJ said...

You are so funny about not doing windows! I am so sorry to be so late at getting to see this. You card is perfect. I love the theme and the colors. Great job on this weeks sketch. Thanks for playing.