Monday, August 11, 2008

Another card! Woot!!

I got two cards done today! Sweet as!! Alas, again you don't get to see either one of them because I'm going to show you one from the other day that I haven't shown yet. And it's late. And I have some writing I want to do on my story. So here ya go:



Isn't this THE cutest stamp? It's actually three stamps -- the t-shirt, the "U" and the "ROCK". It's from a stamp set by Gina K Designs called "Little Tees", and it is the most adorable set! There are three tees in the set -- one short-sleeve just outline, one baseball-style with solid sleeves, and one short-sleeve solid -- and tons of sayings and designs you can put on them. You can use the outline shirt over any patterned paper or technique background (or any kind of paper, really, even pages from a magazine). So I stamped the short-sleeve outline tee on a background I had done awhile ago and don't even have a clue now what it was! I think it must have been some kind of resist, using the Paisley background from SU and maybe colorwash inks ... it was in my "miscellaneous backgrounds" file, so I may have just been playing around. Anyway, I stamped the "U" and the "ROCK" on it using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. Then I mounted it with Stampin' Dimensionals on a piece of black cardstock I had "jazzed up" with hairspray and black Pearl-ex to make it shimmer a little, then matted that on a piece of darkish pink Bazzill Bling paper (no idea what the official name of the paper is -- it came out of a paper pack). The heart DP is from the DCWV "Rock Star" Mat Pack. The guitar on the shirt is, too -- I cut it out from one of the mat pieces. Very shiny silver. And, yeah, it's disproportionately small, but I had a little rough spot on the shirt I had to cover up, so this worked out perfectly! The strip of pink across the middle is the same dark pink Bazzill Bling CS. And it's all on a Regal Rose (SU) card base.

It is my sincerest hope that three people will come to the craft fair and decide their preteen/teenage daughters/granddaughters/nieces/girlfriends (that had better be teenagers only)/whatever female will desperately need this card.

Okay, on to grab a quick snack and get writing. Usually this means I spend an hour editing what I wrote last time, and then I don't have time to write. Technically, that can't work every time, but somehow I make it happen!

Here's to a happy Tuesday (or Wednesday if you're on the far side of the dateline)!

No comments: