Sunday, August 10, 2008

Just a card

No huge philosophical ramblings today, or medical reports, or gripes about poor coverage of the New Zealand Olympic team. All I have is a card to show you (aren't you relieved! lol).


This is a card I made with one of the Japanese Kokeshi doll stamps I got this week from About Art Accents. If you're dying to know what Kokeshi dolls are, you can click here and read about them. I love that the idea for the Mii characters (the little Wii people) were based on Kokeshi.

Anyway, I made this card using Yuzen Washi paper that I got at Michael's, and SU cardstock. I used Ruby Red and Whisper White. I also used a metallic gold text-weight paper I got from Archiver's last time I was in there. The Oriental word characters stamp came from Stamp Francisco. (I don't know if they're Chinese or Japanese, and Aidan said he wasn't sure, they weren't anything he specifically recognized.) I used a technique called AI (Alcohol Ink) Painting from the latest issue of Technique Junkies. I used my new Nestabilities ovals, too, but I see that I'm going to need to get the other oval set so the mats won't be so wide. Anyway, I love these Kokeshi dolls, and I'm sure you'll be seeing more of them on this blog!

Hope your weekend was great, and the coming week is even better!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

These last two cards are just really wonderful. The one before this is beautiful and this one is sooooooo cute and pretty too, Stacy!