Thursday, September 04, 2008

Slowly making progress

Well, I think I'm making some progress, however slowly, toward having a halfway decent inventory for the craft fair. I've got a few frames decorated up, and have made a few note card packets that I hope will sell, in addition to the start I've made on the Christmas card packets. I do need to take a little time and devote the the Bible verse "flip books" (not to be confused with an animation-type flip book) that I really want to have ready. I don't know why I haven't gotten my skit together on those, except that they're "boring" compared to making frufy/multi-layered cards.

So, anyway, here are some of the frames I have ready:

This is a 5"x7" frame (actual photo size is smaller, since it's matted inside the 5x7 frame), and it's adorned solely with SU rub-ons. I wanted to put white rub-ons on the frame itself, but it's a matte-finish hard plastic and it wouldn't take them, so I settled on doing the mat itself. Simple but elegant, I think. Not a lot of work involved on my part, so I probably won't charge too much above what I paid for the frame.



These are 8"x10" sized frames with a 5" x 7" picture opening. I used the retired "I'm Here" SU set, as well as the single dot from the retired "Three for You" Punch Box set. Again, somewhat easy, except it took me hours to come up with the polka dots idea! lol I'll have to bump up the price for the pain and anguish of that "no mojo" feeling that I suffered all day on Monday when I was doing these. ;-)

Yeah, this has not been a Good Mojo week by any stretch. I have wrestled with the ol' creativity block all week long, and even prayer didn't help. (I guess sometimes God just wants me to come up with a FEW ideas myself!) And then today I didn't get up into the loft at all because I am not feeling well at all. It's probably stress-triggered. Stress and I do NOT get along. My body is living proof. I had a great day Tuesday, overdid it on Wii Fit, and then found out my poor mother didn't pass the "clean out" test in order to get her abdominal CT scan run and I was a furious wreck. (Not with her, but with the not-incredibly-compassionate techs at the CT place.)

I guess I haven't let y'all in on this saga, and I'll spare you all the gory details, but she had to have a colonoscopy because she's had some intestinal/abdominal problems the last few months. Clean-outs for these things nearly kill my poor mother, and this was no exception. So she gets into the gastro's for the colonoscopy and he gets a little way into the procedure and comes out and tells my dad he can't go any further (or won't) because she's got a narrowing of the colon and he doesn't want to risk damaging her in any way. So he says he wants her to have a CT scan done since a) we don't know what the narrowing/twisting/obstruction could be, and b) he needs to know what's going on with the rest of her colon. Which, of course, requires another clean-out. Not good, frustration and displeasure all around. The clean-out procedure for the CT scan (which is done at a different place) is different, and Mom does her best, but apparently it wasn't as good as the original one. And so she didn't pass and couldn't have the test. And the techs in there weren't terribly understanding about it until my mother cried and my Dad said, "She cannot go through that again." Then they managed to scrape up a teensy bit of kindness.

So now we're left wondering what to do -- she/we need(s) to know what is wrong with her, but she honestly thought she was going to have to go into the ER during the second clean-out. This is the 21st Century, people! Can we not do better than this??

Anyway, I was crazy angry about it on Tuesday, and it's a darned good thing I didn't know the name of the place where she went or I really, honestly may have been on the phone yelling at some people. I usually talk big about this kind of thing, but this time I really think I could've carried through. My poor mom has enough health issues in her life, she doesn't need to have to go through this kind of thing this many times. So ... aren't you glad I told you all this? lol

This was not good for my physical health. The being-angry stress, I mean, and the overdoing on the Wii. It's made me feel really rotten the last couple of days, and I'm thinking I may even have another sinus infection. Which means I probably won't be able to go on the women's retreat I was planning on attending tomorrow and Saturday. And there's that issue with not going into the loft ...

Wow, what a gripe session this turned out to be! My deepest apologies to those of you who actually stuck it out this far. I do have some other frames to show you, and some more cards, and hopefully tomorrow I'll at least feel like venturing into the loft. Maybe I just need to take some time and REST!! Now wouldn't that be an idea!

Talk to y'all again soon, and I'll try to be nicer next time!

P.S. I think I'm beginning to like this Sarah Palin chick. She sounds like one tough cookie to me, and I don't think I'd mess with her if I was Osama bin Laden! So, yep, I do know who I'm voting for in November. Gosh, I can't believe it's that close!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

So perfect for photos and so pretty too!