Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So glad it's Tuesday!

I'm so glad today is Tuesday and not Friday. If this were Friday (and tomorrow was the craft fair) I would be exceedingly worried about my ability to be there and be "up" all day selling stuff. I am still so wiped out from being sick that, even though I feel better in all other respects, I just have no energy and can hardly get anything done. Plus, my sister-in-law is coming to visit for a few days on Friday, and I don't know how I'm gonna get anything done around here toward that. She's been very sweet to say we don't need to clean anything up, but then she hasn't seen the house lately! Bjorn hasn't had time to help, and neither has Aidan (homework), but they will definitely be helping me later this week!

Anyway, I did make it into the craft loft today to make some mini magazine holders to put some of the card sets in, but I'm not anywhere near finished so I can't show them to you yet. I hope I have more energy tomorrow so I can make the last few and then get them all decorated. I think that's all I have left to do, other than finish deciding prices and put price labels on the non-card items.

So here's another card I've made for this ...


I decided I needed some "dedicated" birthday cards, so I made this one after gleaning ideas from Splitcoast. Image stamp set is SU's "Whimsical Birthday" (or something like that), and I can't think of the name of the set the sentiment came from, but it's SU, too; paper is all SU. Heck, I think even the ribbon is SU on this one! I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the bottom part.

Here's another one that I practically CASEd (I hate to admit that!). I did add the spiral notebook edging and I matted it (theirs -- again, a Splitcoaster, and I'm ashamed to admit I didn't keep their name -- wasn't on any layers), and I changed up the colors and used a different sentiment. You can't tell, but the "presents" were cut out and mounted on slightly 3-D adhesive over the stamped "ribbon":



I loved the simplicity of it, so I had to use it! If I can find out who made the original, I will let y'all know so they'll get the credit they deserve. The stamp set is SU's "Eat Cake". Sentiment was made using letters from a My Sentiments Exactly set (I think it's called "Retro Alphabet" but I won't swear to it).

So that's all for today. I do apologize for skipping a day or two, but I've been working on my story since I've been too tired to do anything else, and I get so caught up in that sometimes that I forget which world I'm really living in! (I get so into my characters' heads -- especially the main two -- that I have trouble getting back into my own afterward. They never actually leave me, I think about them a lot during the day, wonder how they would react to some of my daily experiences, try to work that out, etc.) Anyway, tomorrow I really need to get the last of my projects photographed (and the mini mag holders finished and photographed, too), so please pray that I'll be stronger!

And please pray that I'll be in great shape on Saturday! I would hate to have to dump my craft fair responsibilities on my guys and my SIL! I don't guess they HAVE to know anything about how I did stuff, but it is always fun to talk about how I do things, that way people know it's not as easy as it looks, sometimes.

OH, BTW, thanks so much for the comments I've been getting lately! I appreciate the compliments very much, as well as the input on pricing. I have decided to go with $3 each for the cards, and will probably go ahead with $18 for the A2 Christmas card sets and $20 for the 5"x7" ones. I haven't decided for sure about the frames and other things, but I went to Michaels today and bought some large-size gift bags for people who purchase the large frames, and realized I'm going to need to transfer some of that cost to the frames -- the bags were $1.99 each! So, yeah, I definitely will NOT be making money on this little venture, but if I can recoup some of it (and the more, the better) I will be a happy camper. Uh, stamper. Whatever.

Alright. I have an hour left of my evening and I'm too tired to finish any projects in the loft, so I'm off to my fictional world of Cedar Oaks, Texas to pay my characters a visit and keep working on their lives! (It's so much fun to be a Creator! I love that Omniscient thing ... lol)

Blessings all 'round!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Thinking about you today as I know you are now at the craft fair. Looking forward to an update on how it went. You do such beautiful work....I know I would be buying your cards if I was at the fair!

Shirley said...

Hope your day went well yesterday. I really like both of your cards. Your first card has such a pretty cake with the candles and the colors are so bright and cheerful. Love the colors and use of the slot punch on your second card.

Shirley said...

Hope your day went well yesterday. I really like both of your cards. Your first card has such a pretty cake with the candles and the colors are so bright and cheerful. Love the colors and use of the slot punch on your second card.