Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And the award goes to ...

Okay, I have found ONE PERSON to award the Brilliante Weblog award to, since it seems the other six I would have awarded it to already had it or didn't put awards on their blogs (weird, huh?). So I am personally awarding it to:

CHRISTI MILLIKEN!!! Her blog is called "Blessings on Paper". I love Christi to death, she is a real sweetie, a terrific Christian (yes, Christi, you are!), and I love her cards, etc. So Christi, you totally deserve it!

Now, for the rest of you, if you don't have this award yet and you think you are worthy, I will give you permission to snag it from me. But, you MUST ... mention that the award came from me, and link back to my blog, and if you know seven other bloggers who deserve it, you may award it directly to them. They have to follow these rules, too (i.e., mention you, link to your blog, award to seven others, etc.). If you do choose to award yourself, please leave a comment and let me know! And give me the link to your blog if I don't already have it. Seems like most of the blogs I know about are the "pro" blogs of people who are on design teams, etc. I'd like to see more blogs from "ordinary" card/scrap/paper crafters like me.

Okay, I'm digging back into my archives for something to show today. I have been hit hard the last couple of weeks -- fibromyalgia last week, then I'm sick again this week (another stinkin' sinus infection, this one with a lovely headache), so I haven't been able to do anything crafty. Which totally stinks because yesterday I got THREE ORDERS that I had placed all at once! Two sets from Stampin' Up!, two BasicGrey mini sets (with two 6x6 paper pads), and my JustRite stuff. And I feel too crappy to play! Just seems wrong somehow, y'know?

So, anyway, here's an oldie from the Days of Yore:

This uses the retired "Country Blessings" set from SU, and the "Brayered Batik" technique (I think it's a Splitcoast Stampers technique -- I haven't done it in a long time so I'm not sure, but I checked TJ and it's not one of theirs). Not terribly fancy, but it gets the autumnal feel across, I think. Looking back at the very older cards -- yeah, there are some I was so proud of in those days that I wouldn't let out of the drawer now! lol

So, anyway, hopefully in the next couple of days I'll be off my sick couch and able to play with my new goodies! In the meantime, guess I'll just keep revamping my index image sheets and surfing the web (I'm so sick of the election already I could SCREAM!!!). No TV here, and I've read all the available books that I'm interested in, and my brain hurts too much to write on my story ... so, yeah, I'm counting on those antibios kicking in fast!

Blessings to all ...

No comments: