Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jesus Rocks!


That's supposed to be the point of this card I made yesterday (even if the verse IS from the Old Testament -- hey, He's been around since before the Beginning, so it still works!) It's actually a kind of homage to my love of Christian rock music (sorry, Mom!). However, when I finished it, I wasn't so sure I'd pulled off the intent very well. It looked sorta like I was saying the guitar or rock music was my Lord ... and then I showed it to Bjorn and he said it looked like the guitar was quoting the verse, saying the Lord was ITS strength and its song. I d'know ... what do y'all think? Maybe if I'd put a cross shadow behind it or something.

Well, anyway, this card, as I said last post, was like pulling teeth to even get started properly. I stamped about ten guitars (Inkadinkado) in various combinations of colors on colored cardstock, and embossed most. I settled for the red guitar on the gold CS for this card because it seemed kinda ... regal? The EP is stuff I got LOOOOOONNNNNGGG ago in Gilbert, AZ, I think it's called "Oriental Red Gold" or something. Anyway, I stamped it on the gold CS in Versamark and embossed with the Red Gold EP, then cut out just around the guitar, leaving the swirls and curled strings off. Then I messed around with shimmer colorwash spray (a red and a gold from Tattered Angels) on glossy white CS and got the background. I stamped the guitar on the background in Black Staz-on, then adhered the cut-out guitar over it so that the swirls and curled strings were now part of the image again. The rest of it's pretty self-explanatory. The crown paper in the circle is from the Rock Star mat pack by DCWV, and the DP behind it all is from Basic Grey. I was using last week's Mojo Madness sketch challenge turned on its side.

So, that's the latest. I haven't made anything else. Had a downer kind of day, no real reason, I just do that sometimes, so I didn't accomplish anything except getting my allergy shots and spending more money (at Michaels this time ... hey, they had inkpads on sale, and I needed a red Staz-on pad, and they had DP "books" on sale, and I had to buy the one with all the High School themed paper, and I needed a new swirl set, so I got one from Inkadinkado -- only $9.99! -- and I'm always needing cheap t-shirts, so I got one for me and one for Aidan at 2 for $5 ... at least I didn't buy the set of 24 Prismacolor markers for $189!! Good lord, who spends that kind of money on MARKERS??? The world has gone insane.)

Hey, just in case any of y'all are still sitting on the fence about who to vote for for president, Fox News reported about a Military Times poll taken among U.S. troops, and they picked McCain by a margin of nearly 3-1, and that's all branches of the military. If you're interested, the article is here. Now that tells me something.

If you're an Obama supporter, hey, I respect that, so I hope you'll still feel welcome at my blog! I promise I rarely ever talk politics.

I finished my book about the 1938 Hurricane. It was a very good book, and I actually spent some time this morning looking up more info on the 'net. Then this afternoon I started the one on the Galveston hurricane of 1900. I got the title wrong -- it's called Isaac's Storm, and it's about Isaac Cline, not a "Mr./Dr. Isaac" like I said last time. At least I got it right that he was a meteorologist! I decided I don't need to read it tonight, though. I need a couple of days' break from natural disasters, I think! They don't help depression.

So I'm off to read my own story, then go off to sleep. Hopefully I'll be feeling sunnier tomorrow tomorrow! Hope you have a sunny day, whether it's actual weather or just in your own head/heart!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Your card is gorgeous and says let's sing!