Friday, October 17, 2008

My lonely craft loft

Well, my craft loft sits dark and lonely this week. I don't know what it is, but I've just been really tired and haven't had the ol' mojo at all. I didn't even make Bjorn a card for his birthday today! I'm going to have to use a "pre-made" one (i.e., one I already made, NOT a store-bought, heaven forbid!) This is what happens when I put things off -- I was all set to make it yesterday, but decided I could wait until today, then I woke up with a mini-migraine and knew the day was a loss as far as creativity was concerned. I'll be doing good to make the Berry Buckle (a sort-of "Berry Crisp" or cobbler thingy) for his candle to go in. I don't know if all this is a fibromyalgia thing (we've had very changeable weather this week), or hormones or what, but I wish it would let up!!

ANYway -- I have been honored this week with my first blog award! Thanks to Ora Lea of One American Dreamer blog fame, I now have the Brilliante Weblog award! Ora Lea, you are a dear! She and I are actually distant cousins, having discovered that we share a common ancestor via internet genealogical stuff several months ago. She is a very neat person, a wonderful Christian, and her blog and other websites are so uplifting. I'm glad we're related both biologically and spiritually!

So now I'll be choosing seven other bloggers to give this award to over the next few days. It'll be hard to choose, I'm sure!

My mom came over the other day and cleaned me out of some of my post-craft-fair inventory. She bought both of the "Holy Triptych" card sets, as well as the one all-occasion set that was left (the one in the pink paper pouch), and a bunch of cards. I gave her a discount, of course! And then I instantly turned around and bought a new stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs. It's this one, "Flourished Christian Symbols":

I can't wait to get it and put it to use! (Maybe it'll jump-start my creative juices.)

Well, that's about all I know for now. Aidan's got a Certamen (kur-TAH-men) competition tomorrow (think Latin quiz show -- they have a team of four against a team from another school, and they each have buzzers to press if they know the answers to questions about Latin language & grammar, mythology, history and Roman daily life). His school's got a pretty awesome team, and this is just a "mini-Certamen" against a "friendly" rival. I was hoping to go be supportive, but if I'm still this tired tomorrow morning, it ain't gonna happen. Oh, well, at least he doesn't care. He'd rather NOBODY showed up to watch!

Hope y'all have a great weekend. And I hope to be back before it's over with something crafty to show!

Blessings ...

OH! BTW, Lynn, contact me via my e-mail concerning the other Christmas card sets ...

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey Stacy....I haven't contacted you yet because I do not have your e-mail address. Mine is cross2stitch2003@yahoo.com.