Wednesday, October 29, 2008

NSR: Crooked journalism (political) (and there is another stampin-related post for today after this one)

Okay, I said I don't do much politicking here, and I don't, but this article made me so mad I had to do something about it. It refers to a videotape the LA Times refuses to release that shows Senator Obama at a farewell party for a professor Rashid Khalidi who is a spokesperson for the Palestinian Liberation Organization (or he was at one time).

My post isn't whether or not Obama should be nailed for that. My post here is about the fact that the LA Times won't release the tape (they've endorsed Obama) and let us make up our own minds about the connection. They did do a story about the tape awhile back, but we aren't allowed to see it for ourselves.

If you're interested, please read the story, and if it makes you as mad as it did me, there is information at the bottom of the story on how you can contact the LA Times to express your feelings. They need to know that the American people aren't just going to lie down and let them get by with such a blatant double-standard. PLEASE -- if you do contact them, remember to be respectful! Ranting never got anyone anywhere. But I do believe we as American voters have the right to see this tape (as I would feel about any tape relating to Senator McCain, as well -- really!)

Thanks for letting me get the word out on this. Please be sure to scroll down (here on my blog) because there IS another stamping-related post for today!

1 comment:

MICHELLE said...

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS SUBJECT. IT KILLS ME TO SEE THESE "NEWSPAPERS" COMING OUT & ENDORSING A CANIDATE WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE REPORTING THE FACTS IN AN UNBIASED MANNER. AS SOON AS THEY ENDORSE SOMEONE, YOU REALLY CAN'T TRUST ANYTHING THEY SAY EITHER WAY. POLITICS HAS GOTTEN WAY OUT OF CONTROL.