Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home again, home again

It's Sunday, and am I ever glad I'm not in an airport today! Coming home on Friday was a very smart thing to do -- short lines, small crowds (as opposed to huge). Yes. Wise decision!

Plus Aidan and I have come down with varying versions of whatever the relatives had, so I am doubly thankful to be at home where I can cuddle up with my blanky, my kitties and my computer instead of fighting crowds and sitting in a cramped airplane. God knows what He's doing!

So, since I won't be up in the loft today, I'll show you another of the altered CDs that I started showing you before we jetted off to beachier climes. (Boy, do I miss having a beach close at hand ...)


Just more variation on the materials I had at hand. The "ribbon" that I used to make the "v" shapes across the top third of the CD is actually strips of a silk fabric that shimmered red and green. I'm sure there's a name for that kind of two-toned silk, but not being a sewing person, I have no clue what it is. It looked pretty cool in person.

So ... have you started putting up your Christmas decorations yet? I mean, now that Thanksgiving is over, it's finally "okay" to be into the Christmas season. We don't put our tree or anything else up until around Dec. 10th. That's a compromise between my side of the family -- we always put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving -- and Bjorn's side, who, being Norwegian, never put their stuff up until December 23. We'll be here in town this year (thank You, God!), so I'll go all out with the decorations. The years we go to Arizona it just doesn't seem worth it, somehow. Hopefully this year I'll also feel up to helping my parents get their stuff out. It's been hard for them the last few years to get it all out and up, so this year I'm vowing that we'll be the Christmas Decorating Team and get over there and help out! My big problem is that I usually feel so rotten this time of year (we have a Horrible Allergy Illness here in Central Texas called "Cedar Fever" and I'm one of the lucky ones who usually gets hit with it), and it's hard to feel like dealing with all of the Christmas Cheer when you have Cedar Fever-induced "Bah Humbug" syndrome. But this year is going to be different. Yes. It will.

Well, at the moment I have nothing else of any great import to say, so I guess I'll just go off and arrange and order photos from our trip. I got some real goodies of Aidan, and I can't wait to get them printed and framed.

Hope you're all doing well!

2 comments:

Niki said...

Stacy,
Like the new pic on your profile.

Kyle and I put up the inside Christmas decorations yesterday. I don't like putting them up this early, mostly because I don't like the crowded feeling in the house with all the extra "stuff." However, I'm having foot surgery tomorrow. I don't know when I'll feel like being up and about, so I figured we'd better get the decorating done early.

Have a great day,
Niki

CRAFTERESA said...

Hi, I love the joy decoration it is so sweet. thanks for visiting my blog I dont know why you canmt follow as someone else managed it the day before so perhaps try again and see what happens!!
its so good to meet you, looking forward to getting to know youe

LIJ Teresa x