Saturday, November 01, 2008

Oh, happy day!

The headaches are gone and I STAMPED today! Actually MADE A CARD!! There is joy in Loftville tonight!

Okay, so without further ado, here it is:

I am SO loving this stamp! It's from Stampin' Up!'s "Bella Blossoms" set, and it is gorgeous, don't you think? I put off buying it forever, I have no idea why, but as I was re-working my SU images index these last couple of weeks, every time I would go to the Splitcoast SU Gallery to get an index image (if it was one I didn't already have), there was that Bella stamp as the header image for "A-B", just staring me in the face. I finally broke down and ordered it, and it came while I was so sick. So today I got to go play with it!

For the background (behind the flower panel) I did my first try at the August '08 TJ technique "Gessoed Pearls". It didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but I decided to use it anyway. The bummer thing is that you can't see from the scan that there is Pearl-Ex in the gesso, so some of it shimmers. Nor can you tell that I stamped the flower with Brilliance ink "Rocket Red", which also shimmers. *SIGH* But overall I'm pretty darned pleased with how the card turned out, especially considering how long it's been since I've made one!

I don't recall who made the ribbon or the pearls. The background behind the Bella flower is SU's "En Francais" background stamp inked with Blush Blossom. If you look very, very closely you might be able to tell on the gessoed panel that I actually stamped the smaller Bella flower into the gesso in a few places, thereby making a debossed image of the flower. Let's see, what else ... the inking on the edge of the Bella flower panel is Ruby Red (which I seem to be using a lot these days!). The copper behind the background panel is from the Paper Place. It's mounted on a Whisper White (SU) card base.

Well, this has been the week from -- the place where they don't serve breakfast (which is a reference to a Newsboys song, and means h*ll). First it was the sinus infection, then the sinus headache, which was then joined by a hormone migraine, and it was just killer for three days. Actually, I started getting better Thursday afternoon and evening, but I woke up again about 1:30 Friday morning and the hormone headache was back, skewering my left eyeball with a railroad spike. I suffered all night without taking anything because I didn't want to get any rebound headaches started (which I, unfortunately, get if I've taken too many pain meds, which, trust me, by this time I had!), but I finally gave in about 6:30am and took 2 Aleve. They knocked me out, and by the time I woke up about 9:30 I was MUCH better! Go figure. I'd tried everything else for three days, and it's an over-the-counter thing in the back of my medicine cabinet that does it. Remind me next time -- TWO ALEVE, Stacy, TWO ALEVE!!

Anyway, I've been "hung over" from all the meds today (and no, I didn't get a rebound headache, which is a direct miracle), and still have a teense of sinus pain, but I'll take it all over what I dealt with earlier! I'm still scared to do the sinus rinse thing, though. Guess I need to break down and go to an ear, nose, throat doc.

So, are you bored yet with the saga of the sinuses? lol Trust me, I am! I am NOT looking forward to the winter, if this is how things will be. But, hey, I did get all my SU index images done and put into my notebook (don't ask me how I could do that with a migraine from h*ll -- I guess anything to keep my mind off the pain), and I also found exactly where I want to live. Central Texas is nice, but this place is IT, fellow babies:


It's a beach somewhere on the eastern side of the Coromandel peninsula in New Zealand. I want my house right about where the person is standing who's taking the picture, just a little off to the right so it's not blocking the path. Can you imagine waking up to a view like that every morning? Some people do, you know, all around the world. It's so unfair.

So, I'm off to rest up in hopes I can make it to church and sing on the praise team tomorrow. I'm just gonna take it as it comes in the morning and see if I'm up for it. Making the card almost killed me, but it was also VERY creatively energizing. If I wasn't so dang tired I'd go make another one!

Remember to get out and vote on Tuesday, if you haven't already. I hope everyone has a terrific week!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Wow, Stacy I don't know what I would do if I still had those headaches. Also I love your beautiful card and I want you to invite me to visit when you build you house there overlooking the ocean. Build retirement quarters under it and I will move in. LOLOLOLOL