Saturday, November 15, 2008

Post Number Two for Saturday

Just in case both the Saturday posts go out actually on Saturday, please know there is another one before this with the picture of my third Gessoed Acrylic tag card!

I was afraid the post wouldn't get in on time, so I went ahead and posted it before I was through. I wanted to show you a picture of Hamlet ... yes, the very Hamlet of Shakespeare fame -- only this is actually Hamlet of "The Fifteen Minute Hamlet"-by-Tom-Stoppard fame, and he is the Adorable Dane instead of the Melancholy Dane. In fact, he's not a Dane at all, but a Texwegian. Are you thoroughly confused by now? Okay, here's what I'm talking about:



This is my Adorable Texwegian son playing Hamlet the Dane in his school's presentation of "The Fifteen-Minute Hamlet" yesterday. It was so well done, and very funny, especially if you knew the Shakespeare 5-1/2 hour version. I'm not incredibly versed on Hamlet, except for some of the famous lines like "To be or not to be," and "Get thee to a nunnery!" but the teachers in the audience were howling with laughter, and I did know enough to enjoy the play. Actually, they did Hamlet in 13 minutes, then came back out and did it again in two minutes, and the two minute version was HILARIOUS. So, yeah, I'm proud of my incredibly handsome, tall, blonde, talented son! (Remind me of this next time I'm trying not to strangle him! lol)

Okay, now it's really late and I need to get to bed. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to church tomorrow and sing. I have really felt rotten all day today, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's not from going back to 75mg on the Topamax (to prevent migraines). I seem to recall that the reason I wanted to go down to 50mg in the first place was because the 75mg dose made me feel like I was pushing against a brick wall so much of the time. So ... do I have nasty killer migraines and feel not so bad when I'm not having them, or do I feel crummy most of the time but not get the nasty killer migraines that knock me out of commission for days at a time? Gotta love genes, huh?

Hope you have a terrific day, whatever day you're reading this!

No comments: