Saturday, November 15, 2008

Yay, finally! The third gessoed acrylic tag card!

So, hopefully better late than never!

This tag was done with the Oriental Poppy and Gold Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels, as well as the Golden Bamboo Radiant Rain shimmer spray from Luminarte. I used one of my Japanese Kokeshi doll stamps from About Art Accents, stamped, of course, in Black Staz-on. The hair didn't turn out as dark as I wanted, so I colored over it with a black Sharpie, then inked her sash, the tip of her umbrella and the ornament in her hair with a gold paint pen. Around her I stamped the cherry blossom branch from the SU "Eastern Blossoms" set, then went over the blossoms with a dark red Sakura Glaze pen. Even in real life you can't tell it's red, but it does add shine and dimension to the blossoms. I went over the centers and branches with the gold paint pen, then I painted the edge of the tag with the same paint pen.

I used a couple of Nestabilities oval dies to make the oval backings in Paper Co. gold and SU Basic Black CS, then mounted that on a piece of BasicGrey DP which was mounted on SU Chocolate Chip CS. Then I adhered that to a panel of SU Ruby Red (there it is again!) that I had watermark stamped with the cherry blossom branch from the "Eastern Blooms" set, as well as a bamboo leaf stamp from an Inkadinkadoo clear set (I don't remember the name, but it's Oriental themed), using Versamark.

The little square piece of gessoed acrylic at the bottom was colored the same way as the tag, minus the Oriental Bamboo Rainbow Mist. I stamped on it with John 3:16 in Chinese from Sweet Grass Stamps, and once that was all dry, I mounted it on Paper Company gold and SU Basic Black. I tied a Mizuhiki knot (my first ever -- I think this one is a "togetherness" knot, I'm not sure, I just found it on the internet with instructions how to tie it!) using Mizuhiki cord I had bought awhile back somewhere online, then adhered that to the whole panel, fixing it to the John 3:16 square. When I did this, I realized that I had not remembered to seal any of my tags with matte finishing sealer -- which would explain why I got a tiny water-drop mark on my Texas tag while it was at my parents' house (which I photoshopped out before I posted it here), and why the Crystal Effects made a bit of the shimmer spray come off this square when I put it on to glue the knot in place. Grrrrr! Wouldn't it be nice if I read ALL the instructions when I did a technique? Well, now I know, don't I? So, anyway, the whole thing is mounted on some retired Morning Marigold (or is it Marigold Morning?) CS from SU.

Whew! That was a lot of description!

This has been a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGG day. Aidan and Bjorn went off early this morning to a Latin competition Aidan's school Latin Club had (they won, BTW!), then headed straight over to a Board Gaming convention taking place in a suburb north of town. It's almost 11pm and they're still there!

Ooooh, I'd better get this posted! It's almost midnight EST, and I think that's when the subscription e-mail thing is sent out. Okay, so here I go! I may add another post in a minute but at least this one will get out in time ...

No comments: